Google Nexus 6 with Smartwatch Coming Late This Year?
By Karla Danica Figuerres | March 19, 2014 12:37 PM EST
With the Samsung Galaxy S5 already unveiled and the iPhone 6 is still months away before it finally hits the shelves, the rumours mill is settling with the next Nexus device, probably the Nexus 6 to be introduced at the same time as the Nexus smartwatch late this year.
According to a report from Germany, Google and LG will team up for another Nexus device after the success of the Google Nexus 5 and the Google Play Edition LG G Pad. Also, a French Web site reported last month that according to Android head Sundar Pichai the new Nexus is already in the works.
The German report also claims that the Nexus 6 will look like a stripped-down LG G3, which is yet to be unveiled. But this must be taken with a pinch of salt as in the case of the Google Nexus 5, it ended up pretty different from the G2 in many ways when it was finally released contrary to the rumours that it will resemble the LG G2.
On the other hand, Lenovo, which is in the process of buying Motorola from Google, does not appear to have any business with the Nexus 6. As a matter of fact, same report claims that Google might be working on a LG smartwatch to be released alongside the Google Nexus 6 late this year.
Interestingly, it appears that Google is trying to make the same move as Samsung by bundling the flagship smartphone with a smartwatch, even though there is no concrete evidence that proves the demand for wearable devices in the market just yet.
Nevertheless, it makes sense that Google is trying to look into different wearable form factors but then again, the day the masses finally start wearing the Google Glass might take some time.
Meanwhile during June 25 to 26, Google will be holding its I/O conference and we may hear more about these products in the event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2