Dwyane Wade and Fiancée Gabrielle Union Star-Studded Engagement Party in Miami
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 19, 2014 12:23 PM EST
Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union celebrated their recent engagement by throwing a party attended by some of the couple's relatives and close friends, and of course, some of the most known names in the entertainment industry.
Gabrielle Union had her NBA boyfriend Dwayne Wade by her side at the premiere of her short film, The Door. The film is a collaboration with designer house Miu Miu and stars Gabby as a woman finding herself and her style through the troubles of divorce and the depression that came with it.
On March 15, Wade and Union hosted a late-night party for the couple's family, relatives and friends. The event was held at Pearl Restaurant and Champagne Lounge at Nikki Beach in Miami, E! Online reported. According to the entertainment news Web site, Wade and Union first attended the Reid & Fiorentino Call of the Game dinner, which was hosted by the Union herself, at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood. The Miami Heat star arrived with her fiancée, along with their families, at Nikki Beach at half past 12 midnight.
Wade and Union looked very much in love, a source told E!
"He had his hand on her side all night."
"The party felt very intimate, they spent a lot of time talking to family members," the source added.
Former Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland was reportedly in attendance at the said party as well as Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx, who even sang for the couple as reported by the New York Post's Page Six.
White cake, champagne, and Grey Goose cocktails were served at the guests before they head out at around 3 o'clock in the morning. Union shared the pictures taken that night on her Instagram afterwards.
Wade and Union got engaged in December. The National Basketball Association (NBA) star asked his two sons and one nephew to help him with the proposal, and Union didn't think twice to accept it. The Being Mary Jane star recently dissed to Ellen Degeneres that the baller was even more excited than her. Wade and Union have reportedly picked a date for their wedding, but they have no plans of announcing it soon.
Meanwhile, Union is set to star alongside Chris Rock and Rosario Dawson in an upcoming comedy flick titled Finally Famous,The YBF reported. It is a story about a reality TV star trying to convince her fiancé to film their marriage on the reality TV show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch