Dwyane Wade and Fiancée Gabrielle Union Star-Studded Engagement Party in Miami
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 19, 2014 12:23 PM EST
Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union celebrated their recent engagement by throwing a party attended by some of the couple's relatives and close friends, and of course, some of the most known names in the entertainment industry.
Gabrielle Union had her NBA boyfriend Dwayne Wade by her side at the premiere of her short film, The Door. The film is a collaboration with designer house Miu Miu and stars Gabby as a woman finding herself and her style through the troubles of divorce and the depression that came with it.
On March 15, Wade and Union hosted a late-night party for the couple's family, relatives and friends. The event was held at Pearl Restaurant and Champagne Lounge at Nikki Beach in Miami, E! Online reported. According to the entertainment news Web site, Wade and Union first attended the Reid & Fiorentino Call of the Game dinner, which was hosted by the Union herself, at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood. The Miami Heat star arrived with her fiancée, along with their families, at Nikki Beach at half past 12 midnight.
Wade and Union looked very much in love, a source told E!
"He had his hand on her side all night."
"The party felt very intimate, they spent a lot of time talking to family members," the source added.
Former Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland was reportedly in attendance at the said party as well as Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx, who even sang for the couple as reported by the New York Post's Page Six.
White cake, champagne, and Grey Goose cocktails were served at the guests before they head out at around 3 o'clock in the morning. Union shared the pictures taken that night on her Instagram afterwards.
Wade and Union got engaged in December. The National Basketball Association (NBA) star asked his two sons and one nephew to help him with the proposal, and Union didn't think twice to accept it. The Being Mary Jane star recently dissed to Ellen Degeneres that the baller was even more excited than her. Wade and Union have reportedly picked a date for their wedding, but they have no plans of announcing it soon.
Meanwhile, Union is set to star alongside Chris Rock and Rosario Dawson in an upcoming comedy flick titled Finally Famous,The YBF reported. It is a story about a reality TV star trying to convince her fiancé to film their marriage on the reality TV show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money