Maria Sharapova Plays the Role of a Supportive Girlfriend to BF Grigor Dimitrov
By Rachelle Corpuz | March 19, 2014 12:20 PM EST
There is nothing more inspiring than having your special someone inspire your heart, motivate your mind, and believe that you can achieve success in your craft. Maria Sharapova reportedly plays the role of a supportive girlfriend towards fellow tennis athlete and beau Grigor Dimitrov. Are Sharapova's influence and support really the main reasons behind Dimitrov's recent success on the tennis court?
Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian Divorce Update: Khloe Now Wonders if She Should Give Lamar Another Chance
According to Tennisearth.com, Sharapova has always given Dimitrov wise words and good advice. Sharapova's pep talks before his matches have helped him a lot on the tennis court, the Web site further reported. All the enthusiastic talks that she had given him had probably boosted his morale and increased his confidence to succeed. Dimitrov now sits at number 16 in the world rankings. He ranked at the number 22 spot prior his latest ranking.
Having had four Grand Slam titles under her belt and ranking fifth overall, it is no doubt that Sharapova has an edge for Dimitrov, the Web site claimed. However, Dimitrov looked at his girlfriend's, who is four years older than him, accomplishments as inspiration which have led him to play the most exceptional tennis matches in his professional tennis career in the recent past.
Aside from his new Australian coach Roger Rasheed, Sharapova played a big role in encouraging Dimitrov to play at his top level. He even proved wrong those people who said that his relationship would be a hindrance in his tennis career.
"I think I proved wrong all those people who said my relationship with her will damage my play," said Dimitrov. "I think I proved that it is exactly the opposite," he added.
Sharapova and Dimitrov reportedly even practice together. She was even spotted attending some of his matches, not merely by sitting in his box but by cheering him on too.
Dimitrov has come a long way. He is now considered as one of the rising stars in tennis. Even retired tennis legend Pete Sampras has revealed his fascination towards the Bulgarian athlete, saying he will be surprised if Dimitrov will not be in the top five of world rankings by the end of 2014. Dimitrov started his 2014 season fairly strong, reaching the quarterfinals of the 2014 Australian Open and winning his first Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) title at the Abierto Mexicano Telcel tournament. With his girlfriend by his side, along with his coach and team, it will be in no time before Dimitrov finally makes his own name in the world of tennis and not only because he is known as Baby Fed or Sharapova's boyfriend.
Sharapova and Dimitrov started dating in the second half of 2012. They went public with their romance after the 2013 Madrid Open.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet