Arsenal FC Transfer News: Promising Belgian Talent Tips Emirates Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 12:15 PM EST
Promising Standard Liege talent Michy Batshuayi announced that he is likely to leave Belgium this coming summer with Premier League giants Arsenal as potential destination.
Standard Liege promising striker Michy Batshuayi revealed his desire to play for Arsenal
The under-21 Belgian international came up through the ranks at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne, establishing himself as the undisputed first-choice striker this season tallying a total of 18 goals and 3 assists in 26 starts, thus far, in the Jupiler Pro League.
The £7million rated 20-year-old is tied with his current club until 2018, but in a recent interview with RFBT Sport, he revealed his desire to be a part of Arsene Wenger's squad.
"Unfortunately I do not think I'll stay (at Standard past the summer). Many things can happen but I am someone who has ambitions. I want to progress as quickly as possible. I'll make a choice with my agents and my family. I must consider my choices carefully," Batshuayi told RFBT Sport
"I am interested in the German and English championships. They are physical and technical championships."
"Personally, I like Arsenal. There is a good philosophy at the club where trust is given to young players. This is a very technical team playing good football, and since I was little this was a team who I liked."
Arsenal were rumoured to have chased for Batshuayi's signature in January, but the same did not, obviously, materialise.
Perhaps this time around, he could be seen making his dream move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money