Arsenal FC Transfer News: Promising Belgian Talent Tips Emirates Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 12:15 PM EST
Promising Standard Liege talent Michy Batshuayi announced that he is likely to leave Belgium this coming summer with Premier League giants Arsenal as potential destination.
Standard Liege promising striker Michy Batshuayi revealed his desire to play for Arsenal
The under-21 Belgian international came up through the ranks at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne, establishing himself as the undisputed first-choice striker this season tallying a total of 18 goals and 3 assists in 26 starts, thus far, in the Jupiler Pro League.
The £7million rated 20-year-old is tied with his current club until 2018, but in a recent interview with RFBT Sport, he revealed his desire to be a part of Arsene Wenger's squad.
"Unfortunately I do not think I'll stay (at Standard past the summer). Many things can happen but I am someone who has ambitions. I want to progress as quickly as possible. I'll make a choice with my agents and my family. I must consider my choices carefully," Batshuayi told RFBT Sport
"I am interested in the German and English championships. They are physical and technical championships."
"Personally, I like Arsenal. There is a good philosophy at the club where trust is given to young players. This is a very technical team playing good football, and since I was little this was a team who I liked."
Arsenal were rumoured to have chased for Batshuayi's signature in January, but the same did not, obviously, materialise.
Perhaps this time around, he could be seen making his dream move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone