Arsenal FC Transfer News: Promising Belgian Talent Tips Emirates Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 12:15 PM EST
Promising Standard Liege talent Michy Batshuayi announced that he is likely to leave Belgium this coming summer with Premier League giants Arsenal as potential destination.
Standard Liege promising striker Michy Batshuayi revealed his desire to play for Arsenal
The under-21 Belgian international came up through the ranks at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne, establishing himself as the undisputed first-choice striker this season tallying a total of 18 goals and 3 assists in 26 starts, thus far, in the Jupiler Pro League.
The £7million rated 20-year-old is tied with his current club until 2018, but in a recent interview with RFBT Sport, he revealed his desire to be a part of Arsene Wenger's squad.
"Unfortunately I do not think I'll stay (at Standard past the summer). Many things can happen but I am someone who has ambitions. I want to progress as quickly as possible. I'll make a choice with my agents and my family. I must consider my choices carefully," Batshuayi told RFBT Sport
"I am interested in the German and English championships. They are physical and technical championships."
"Personally, I like Arsenal. There is a good philosophy at the club where trust is given to young players. This is a very technical team playing good football, and since I was little this was a team who I liked."
Arsenal were rumoured to have chased for Batshuayi's signature in January, but the same did not, obviously, materialise.
Perhaps this time around, he could be seen making his dream move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2