Arsenal FC Transfer News: Promising Belgian Talent Tips Emirates Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 12:15 PM EST
Promising Standard Liege talent Michy Batshuayi announced that he is likely to leave Belgium this coming summer with Premier League giants Arsenal as potential destination.
Standard Liege promising striker Michy Batshuayi revealed his desire to play for Arsenal
The under-21 Belgian international came up through the ranks at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne, establishing himself as the undisputed first-choice striker this season tallying a total of 18 goals and 3 assists in 26 starts, thus far, in the Jupiler Pro League.
The £7million rated 20-year-old is tied with his current club until 2018, but in a recent interview with RFBT Sport, he revealed his desire to be a part of Arsene Wenger's squad.
"Unfortunately I do not think I'll stay (at Standard past the summer). Many things can happen but I am someone who has ambitions. I want to progress as quickly as possible. I'll make a choice with my agents and my family. I must consider my choices carefully," Batshuayi told RFBT Sport
"I am interested in the German and English championships. They are physical and technical championships."
"Personally, I like Arsenal. There is a good philosophy at the club where trust is given to young players. This is a very technical team playing good football, and since I was little this was a team who I liked."
Arsenal were rumoured to have chased for Batshuayi's signature in January, but the same did not, obviously, materialise.
Perhaps this time around, he could be seen making his dream move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble