Arsenal FC Transfer News: Promising Belgian Talent Tips Emirates Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 12:15 PM EST
Promising Standard Liege talent Michy Batshuayi announced that he is likely to leave Belgium this coming summer with Premier League giants Arsenal as potential destination.
Standard Liege promising striker Michy Batshuayi revealed his desire to play for Arsenal
The under-21 Belgian international came up through the ranks at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne, establishing himself as the undisputed first-choice striker this season tallying a total of 18 goals and 3 assists in 26 starts, thus far, in the Jupiler Pro League.
The £7million rated 20-year-old is tied with his current club until 2018, but in a recent interview with RFBT Sport, he revealed his desire to be a part of Arsene Wenger's squad.
"Unfortunately I do not think I'll stay (at Standard past the summer). Many things can happen but I am someone who has ambitions. I want to progress as quickly as possible. I'll make a choice with my agents and my family. I must consider my choices carefully," Batshuayi told RFBT Sport
"I am interested in the German and English championships. They are physical and technical championships."
"Personally, I like Arsenal. There is a good philosophy at the club where trust is given to young players. This is a very technical team playing good football, and since I was little this was a team who I liked."
Arsenal were rumoured to have chased for Batshuayi's signature in January, but the same did not, obviously, materialise.
Perhaps this time around, he could be seen making his dream move to north London.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report