UPDATE: The Rolling Stones Postpone All Australia and New Zealand Tour Dates
By Anne Lu | March 19, 2014 11:44 AM EST
The Rolling Stones have called off all the dates of their Australian and New Zealand tour following the death of lead vocalist Mick Jagger’s girlfriend, L’Wren Scott.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week in this February 16, 2012 file photo. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stone singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on March 17, 2014 from an apparent suicide, according a law enforcement official. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri/Files
The English rockers first announced that they were cancelling the first date of their tour in Perth, which was scheduled for Wednesday. After a few hours of the announcement, though, concert promoter Frontier Touring also called off the rest of the dates, but said that the band would reschedule at a later time.
“The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L’Wren Scott,” a post on the promoter’s Facebook page reads.
“Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement. The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date.”
The postponed dates are:
March 19, Perth Arena
March 22, Adelaide Oval
March 25, Sydney Allphones Arena
March 28, Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
March 30, Macedon Ranges Hanging Rock
April 2, Brisbane Entertainment Centre
April 5, Auckland Mt Smart Stadium
The promoter advised ticketholders to hold onto their tickets until further notice as they are currently working on new schedules.
Meanwhile, Jagger has posted a tribute on his long-time girlfriend on his Web site. He calls the tragic fashion designer and model his lover and best friend.
“I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way,” he wrote.
“We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves. She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me. I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.
“I will never forget her,” he signed his tribute as “Mick.”
Scott, 49, is believed to have committed suicide. She was found hanged in her apartment on Monday. There was no suicide note, but authorities don’t suspect foul play was involved.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown