Arsenal FC Transfer News: Chelsea Winger Interests Gunners, According to Insider
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 19, 2014 11:03 AM EST
Arsenal are reported to be interested in securing the services of Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle, who has failed to establish himself as a regular starter in Jose Mourinho's squad.
Arsenal are interested in landing Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle, suggests an insider
While the Germany international is getting his fair share of opportunities, he is mainly unitlised as a rotation guy behind preferred attackers Eden Hazard, Oscar, and Willian.
He started only 9 of the 22 appearances he had in the Premier League, while getting more exposure in the Champions League because the Blues were in a relatively "easy" group.
The 23-year-old is rumoured to be considering a Bundesliga return, with Dortmund and Schalke as possible destinations, but the Gunners are suggested to consider him as a welcome addition to reinforce their attacking line.
"We're aware that Chelsea might be open to selling Schurrle," an Arsenal insider told Football Direct News.
"He's a player who interests us, though of course they wouldn't loan us Demba Ba last summer so it could be a difficult move."
While the west Londoners might show hesitation to sell to a fellow contender, the trend shows that such speculated would not be so impossible as exemplified by the Daniel Sturridge and Juan Mata deals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate