'Gotham' Season 1 Spoilers: Penguin Reading the Gotham Gazette, Ben Mckenzie Chase Sequence in NYC
By Riza Ornos | March 19, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Former "OC" actor Ben McKenzie is playing "Gotham's" Detective James Gordon and was spotted filming a chase sequence for the upcoming "Batman" prequel series on March 17 in NYC. He was wearing a blue suit on top of a matching shirt and was hopping over a wall, and was later seen drawing his gun to what it seems to be arresting a criminal.
Playing as the young Gordon, McKenzie previously starred on NBC's police procedural series "Southland" and landed a role of his career when he was cast in DC's "Batman" TV series. The actor is definitely in great shape as the camera follows his every move while running in rapid speed across a rooftop.
"All I can promise is I will do my best not to screw this up. Can't wait to get to work," McKenzie wrote in his Twitter account after landing the lead role in "Gotham."
"It's thrilling. Even to be an actor playing that part, it's really fun," revealed the actor in an interview with Daily Mail.
In spite of his suit and dressy shoes, the 35-year-old actor scaled the brick wall swiftly and with ease as he hold the gun with his right hand. Running and scaling walls was all part of the day's job for Mckenzie as the young version of Detective Gordon, and he means business as points his gun at the supposed suspect.
Filmed on the streets of Brooklyn, the whole set was made up to look like the fictional Gotham City straight from the pages on the DC comics. Another interesting appearance is one of Batman's nemeses who is making his presence known while reading Gotham Gazette with headline: "HERO COPS SLAY WAYNE KILLER: WAYNE FUNERAL SUNDAY."
Actor Robin Taylor is the famous suit wearing villain in Gotham or better known as The Penguin, aka Oswald Cobblepot. Filming a scene at a newsstand, the dark-haired actor is looking very pale in the face and was wearing a long charcoal coat, dark waist vest and trousers, and of course the red bow tie.
Other stars cast on the show include Jada Pinket Smith as an original character named Fish Mahoney, David Mazouz as the young Bruce Wayne, Zabryna Guevara as Gordon's boss Captain Essen and Erin Richards as Gordon's fiancée Barbara Kean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu