'Gotham' Season 1 Spoilers: Penguin Reading the Gotham Gazette, Ben Mckenzie Chase Sequence in NYC
By Riza Ornos | March 19, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Former "OC" actor Ben McKenzie is playing "Gotham's" Detective James Gordon and was spotted filming a chase sequence for the upcoming "Batman" prequel series on March 17 in NYC. He was wearing a blue suit on top of a matching shirt and was hopping over a wall, and was later seen drawing his gun to what it seems to be arresting a criminal.
Playing as the young Gordon, McKenzie previously starred on NBC's police procedural series "Southland" and landed a role of his career when he was cast in DC's "Batman" TV series. The actor is definitely in great shape as the camera follows his every move while running in rapid speed across a rooftop.
"All I can promise is I will do my best not to screw this up. Can't wait to get to work," McKenzie wrote in his Twitter account after landing the lead role in "Gotham."
"It's thrilling. Even to be an actor playing that part, it's really fun," revealed the actor in an interview with Daily Mail.
In spite of his suit and dressy shoes, the 35-year-old actor scaled the brick wall swiftly and with ease as he hold the gun with his right hand. Running and scaling walls was all part of the day's job for Mckenzie as the young version of Detective Gordon, and he means business as points his gun at the supposed suspect.
Filmed on the streets of Brooklyn, the whole set was made up to look like the fictional Gotham City straight from the pages on the DC comics. Another interesting appearance is one of Batman's nemeses who is making his presence known while reading Gotham Gazette with headline: "HERO COPS SLAY WAYNE KILLER: WAYNE FUNERAL SUNDAY."
Actor Robin Taylor is the famous suit wearing villain in Gotham or better known as The Penguin, aka Oswald Cobblepot. Filming a scene at a newsstand, the dark-haired actor is looking very pale in the face and was wearing a long charcoal coat, dark waist vest and trousers, and of course the red bow tie.
Other stars cast on the show include Jada Pinket Smith as an original character named Fish Mahoney, David Mazouz as the young Bruce Wayne, Zabryna Guevara as Gordon's boss Captain Essen and Erin Richards as Gordon's fiancée Barbara Kean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family