'Gotham' Season 1 Spoilers: Penguin Reading the Gotham Gazette, Ben Mckenzie Chase Sequence in NYC
By Riza Ornos | March 19, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Former "OC" actor Ben McKenzie is playing "Gotham's" Detective James Gordon and was spotted filming a chase sequence for the upcoming "Batman" prequel series on March 17 in NYC. He was wearing a blue suit on top of a matching shirt and was hopping over a wall, and was later seen drawing his gun to what it seems to be arresting a criminal.
Playing as the young Gordon, McKenzie previously starred on NBC's police procedural series "Southland" and landed a role of his career when he was cast in DC's "Batman" TV series. The actor is definitely in great shape as the camera follows his every move while running in rapid speed across a rooftop.
"All I can promise is I will do my best not to screw this up. Can't wait to get to work," McKenzie wrote in his Twitter account after landing the lead role in "Gotham."
"It's thrilling. Even to be an actor playing that part, it's really fun," revealed the actor in an interview with Daily Mail.
In spite of his suit and dressy shoes, the 35-year-old actor scaled the brick wall swiftly and with ease as he hold the gun with his right hand. Running and scaling walls was all part of the day's job for Mckenzie as the young version of Detective Gordon, and he means business as points his gun at the supposed suspect.
Filmed on the streets of Brooklyn, the whole set was made up to look like the fictional Gotham City straight from the pages on the DC comics. Another interesting appearance is one of Batman's nemeses who is making his presence known while reading Gotham Gazette with headline: "HERO COPS SLAY WAYNE KILLER: WAYNE FUNERAL SUNDAY."
Actor Robin Taylor is the famous suit wearing villain in Gotham or better known as The Penguin, aka Oswald Cobblepot. Filming a scene at a newsstand, the dark-haired actor is looking very pale in the face and was wearing a long charcoal coat, dark waist vest and trousers, and of course the red bow tie.
Other stars cast on the show include Jada Pinket Smith as an original character named Fish Mahoney, David Mazouz as the young Bruce Wayne, Zabryna Guevara as Gordon's boss Captain Essen and Erin Richards as Gordon's fiancée Barbara Kean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes