'Gotham' Season 1 Spoilers: Penguin Reading the Gotham Gazette, Ben Mckenzie Chase Sequence in NYC
By Riza Ornos | March 19, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Former "OC" actor Ben McKenzie is playing "Gotham's" Detective James Gordon and was spotted filming a chase sequence for the upcoming "Batman" prequel series on March 17 in NYC. He was wearing a blue suit on top of a matching shirt and was hopping over a wall, and was later seen drawing his gun to what it seems to be arresting a criminal.
Playing as the young Gordon, McKenzie previously starred on NBC's police procedural series "Southland" and landed a role of his career when he was cast in DC's "Batman" TV series. The actor is definitely in great shape as the camera follows his every move while running in rapid speed across a rooftop.
"All I can promise is I will do my best not to screw this up. Can't wait to get to work," McKenzie wrote in his Twitter account after landing the lead role in "Gotham."
"It's thrilling. Even to be an actor playing that part, it's really fun," revealed the actor in an interview with Daily Mail.
In spite of his suit and dressy shoes, the 35-year-old actor scaled the brick wall swiftly and with ease as he hold the gun with his right hand. Running and scaling walls was all part of the day's job for Mckenzie as the young version of Detective Gordon, and he means business as points his gun at the supposed suspect.
Filmed on the streets of Brooklyn, the whole set was made up to look like the fictional Gotham City straight from the pages on the DC comics. Another interesting appearance is one of Batman's nemeses who is making his presence known while reading Gotham Gazette with headline: "HERO COPS SLAY WAYNE KILLER: WAYNE FUNERAL SUNDAY."
Actor Robin Taylor is the famous suit wearing villain in Gotham or better known as The Penguin, aka Oswald Cobblepot. Filming a scene at a newsstand, the dark-haired actor is looking very pale in the face and was wearing a long charcoal coat, dark waist vest and trousers, and of course the red bow tie.
Other stars cast on the show include Jada Pinket Smith as an original character named Fish Mahoney, David Mazouz as the young Bruce Wayne, Zabryna Guevara as Gordon's boss Captain Essen and Erin Richards as Gordon's fiancée Barbara Kean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?