'Gotham' Season 1 Spoilers: Penguin Reading the Gotham Gazette, Ben Mckenzie Chase Sequence in NYC
By Riza Ornos | March 19, 2014 10:45 AM EST
Former "OC" actor Ben McKenzie is playing "Gotham's" Detective James Gordon and was spotted filming a chase sequence for the upcoming "Batman" prequel series on March 17 in NYC. He was wearing a blue suit on top of a matching shirt and was hopping over a wall, and was later seen drawing his gun to what it seems to be arresting a criminal.
Playing as the young Gordon, McKenzie previously starred on NBC's police procedural series "Southland" and landed a role of his career when he was cast in DC's "Batman" TV series. The actor is definitely in great shape as the camera follows his every move while running in rapid speed across a rooftop.
"All I can promise is I will do my best not to screw this up. Can't wait to get to work," McKenzie wrote in his Twitter account after landing the lead role in "Gotham."
"It's thrilling. Even to be an actor playing that part, it's really fun," revealed the actor in an interview with Daily Mail.
In spite of his suit and dressy shoes, the 35-year-old actor scaled the brick wall swiftly and with ease as he hold the gun with his right hand. Running and scaling walls was all part of the day's job for Mckenzie as the young version of Detective Gordon, and he means business as points his gun at the supposed suspect.
Filmed on the streets of Brooklyn, the whole set was made up to look like the fictional Gotham City straight from the pages on the DC comics. Another interesting appearance is one of Batman's nemeses who is making his presence known while reading Gotham Gazette with headline: "HERO COPS SLAY WAYNE KILLER: WAYNE FUNERAL SUNDAY."
Actor Robin Taylor is the famous suit wearing villain in Gotham or better known as The Penguin, aka Oswald Cobblepot. Filming a scene at a newsstand, the dark-haired actor is looking very pale in the face and was wearing a long charcoal coat, dark waist vest and trousers, and of course the red bow tie.
Other stars cast on the show include Jada Pinket Smith as an original character named Fish Mahoney, David Mazouz as the young Bruce Wayne, Zabryna Guevara as Gordon's boss Captain Essen and Erin Richards as Gordon's fiancée Barbara Kean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People