Boxing News 2014: Music Legend Bob Dylan Visits Manny Pacquiao’s Training at Wild Card Gym
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 19, 2014 10:23 AM EST
Eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao had a famous visitor while training for his much anticipated rematch with American boxer Timothy Bradley on April 12.
Popular singer and composer Bob Dylan showed up at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles to watch the Filipino champion prepare for his attempt to get back the World Boxing Organisation welterweight championship title from Bradley.
Rock legend Bob Dylan performs in Ho Chi Minh city in this April 10, 2011 file photograph.
Dylan, who called ahead and came with a friend, watched Manny sparred eight rounds with two fighters, shared Fred Sternburg, Pacquiao camp's spokesperson.
The singer of Blowin' in the Wind stayed for about an hour and sat on a bench used for lifting weights while watching the sparring session, Sternburg recounted. He also posed for photos and signed autographs and later posed for a photo with Pacquiao which the Filipino congressman posted in Twitter.
Sternburg, star-struck by the sight of the singing legend, described the experience as "like seeing an apostle."
It looks like a mutual admiration club for the two celebrities because while Dylan is a fan of the Filipino boxer and boxes as a form of exercise, Pacquiao is a music lover and often holds mini concerts or singing sessions after his bouts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage