Angelina Jolie Reveals Horns & Wings in ‘Maleficent,’ Disney Movie Stars Vivienne Jolie-Pitt
By Riza Ornos | March 19, 2014 9:34 AM EST
If you think the evil witch is scary, wait till you see her pointy horns and massive black wings! USA Today exclusively revealed a sneak peek of Disney upcoming movie "Maleficent" that stars Angelina Jolie in one of her darkest character.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
The never-before-seen wings a pure piece of art as Jolie reveals what it was like to fly with her wings in the classic fairy tale reboot. Being hooked up on rigs while having a full on costume, including the horns, is no walk in the park.
"You're almost like a puppet with all these people moving (beneath you)," says the mother of six in an interview with USA Today. "When you go to the left or the right all of you have to move together. It's a big dance with a lot of people."
Angelina Jolie's latest movie forces her to have intensified workout and started doing yoga to strengthen her core. "She made me do yoga. And I have no patience for yoga," says Jolie about her stunt coordinator Eunice Huthart. "It's not something I do easily, because I'm not a still person. But I was forced to do yoga because (to fly) you have to have your core strength to be able to hold yourself."
In the short trailer, the Maleficent revealed its great power and how she lost her wings. Stolen by the dark fairy, the Maleficent remembers when she had the power of flight and power that comes with it.
When asked how it feels to have wings and fly, the A-list star revealed: "I feel like the luckiest girl in the world that I get to fly. I really feel like I'm flying!"
Set to premiere on May 30, the upcoming Disney film also stars Angelina's daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt as the young Princess Aurora. The 4-year-old adorable blond was cast in "Maleficent" because she was the only kid in her age that could stand seeing Jolie in full costume, including her two scary horns.
"We think it's fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors," says Jolie in an EW interview. "That's not our goal for Brad and me at all. I think we would both prefer that they didn't become actors. But [Vivienne] was 4 at the time and other 3- and 4-year-old [actors] really wouldn't come near me. Big kids thought I was cool! But little kids really didn't like me. So, in order to have a child that wants to play with [Maleficent] but I don't want to play with her -- to have that scene, it had to be a child that really liked me and wasn't afraid of my horns and my eyes and my claws. So it had to be Viv."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery