Angelina Jolie Reveals Horns & Wings in ‘Maleficent,’ Disney Movie Stars Vivienne Jolie-Pitt
By Riza Ornos | March 19, 2014 9:34 AM EST
If you think the evil witch is scary, wait till you see her pointy horns and massive black wings! USA Today exclusively revealed a sneak peek of Disney upcoming movie "Maleficent" that stars Angelina Jolie in one of her darkest character.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive at the British Academy of Film and Arts (BAFTA) awards ceremony at the Royal Opera House in London February 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
The never-before-seen wings a pure piece of art as Jolie reveals what it was like to fly with her wings in the classic fairy tale reboot. Being hooked up on rigs while having a full on costume, including the horns, is no walk in the park.
"You're almost like a puppet with all these people moving (beneath you)," says the mother of six in an interview with USA Today. "When you go to the left or the right all of you have to move together. It's a big dance with a lot of people."
Angelina Jolie's latest movie forces her to have intensified workout and started doing yoga to strengthen her core. "She made me do yoga. And I have no patience for yoga," says Jolie about her stunt coordinator Eunice Huthart. "It's not something I do easily, because I'm not a still person. But I was forced to do yoga because (to fly) you have to have your core strength to be able to hold yourself."
In the short trailer, the Maleficent revealed its great power and how she lost her wings. Stolen by the dark fairy, the Maleficent remembers when she had the power of flight and power that comes with it.
When asked how it feels to have wings and fly, the A-list star revealed: "I feel like the luckiest girl in the world that I get to fly. I really feel like I'm flying!"
Set to premiere on May 30, the upcoming Disney film also stars Angelina's daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt as the young Princess Aurora. The 4-year-old adorable blond was cast in "Maleficent" because she was the only kid in her age that could stand seeing Jolie in full costume, including her two scary horns.
"We think it's fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors," says Jolie in an EW interview. "That's not our goal for Brad and me at all. I think we would both prefer that they didn't become actors. But [Vivienne] was 4 at the time and other 3- and 4-year-old [actors] really wouldn't come near me. Big kids thought I was cool! But little kids really didn't like me. So, in order to have a child that wants to play with [Maleficent] but I don't want to play with her -- to have that scene, it had to be a child that really liked me and wasn't afraid of my horns and my eyes and my claws. So it had to be Viv."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon