Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Courtney Love Claims to Have Found Missing Airplane
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 19, 2014 4:17 AM EST
The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 had been a wide stretch of possibilities that singer Courtney Love finally took the initiative to throw herself on the racket, join the search and narrow the possibilities.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak (C) addresses reporters about the missingMalaysia Airlines flight MH370, as Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein (L) and Department of Civil Aviation's Director General Azharuddin Abdul Rahman (R) stand by him, at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport March 15, 2014. Najib said on Saturday that the movements of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 were consistent with a deliberate act by someone who turned the jet back acrossMalaysia and onwards to the west.
Courtney Love sounded so sure when she announced on Twitter that she has found the missing Malaysian airplane. It would have been a complete sham if it wasn't supported with a diagram pointing to the location of the plane. But did Love really find the Malaysian airplane?
"I'm no expert but up close this does look like a plane and an oil slick," Love wrote on Twitter. "[It's] like a mile away Pulau Perak, where they 'last' tracked it 5°39'08.5″N 98°50'38.0″E but what do I know?"
Below this article are the updates, together with the diagram, shared by Courtney Love on Twitter.
In an interview with New York Magazine's Daily Intelligencer, Love revealed the truth behind her Twitter posts. The singer owned up to the picture, agreeing that she had found the spot where the Malaysian airplane was.
" . . . I went to the satellite site and just uploaded tons and tons of pictures. I really doubt aliens took it. It's got to be somewhere. I'm a little obsessive," Love said.
Tomnod, which is operated by Earth imagery company DigitalGlobe reported to have invited the online crowd to join the search for the missing airplane, however, had already ruled out the possibility before. The crowd-sourcing service considers the spot to be an interesting clue but more likely the oil spill came from other boats operating in the region.
National Post reported that Tomnod launched an online crowd-sourced search for "wreckage and possible survivors."
Tomnod's crowd-sourcing was what inspired Love to take it to herself and join the search. The singer admitted that she doesn't know anything about aviation but when she saw an article on Tomnod.com that was asking people to help search for the missing airplane, Love decided to try her luck.
"I figured a plane would still be leaking some so I searched for signs of an oil slick. I found one and there appeared to be an object nearby. I don't know if it is the plane or not, but I figured I'd do my part and bring some awareness to the site, for the sake of all the families involved," Love explained regarding her methods on how she came up with the idea that the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was found.
As of the moment, flight MH370 is still missing with 25 countries involved and with millions of people hoping that the airplane will be found.
"I hope they find the plane, I pray they're still alive, it's sad and my heart goes out to all those involved . . . It's the least I can do," the singer accepted.
Overall, with claims aside, Courtney Love had been very concerned.
— Courtney Love Cobain (@Courtney) March 17, 2014
— Courtney Love Cobain (@Courtney) March 17, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports