Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Courtney Love Claims to Have Found Missing Airplane
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | March 19, 2014 4:17 AM EST
The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 had been a wide stretch of possibilities that singer Courtney Love finally took the initiative to throw herself on the racket, join the search and narrow the possibilities.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak (C) addresses reporters about the missingMalaysia Airlines flight MH370, as Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein (L) and Department of Civil Aviation's Director General Azharuddin Abdul Rahman (R) stand by him, at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport March 15, 2014. Najib said on Saturday that the movements of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 were consistent with a deliberate act by someone who turned the jet back acrossMalaysia and onwards to the west.
Courtney Love sounded so sure when she announced on Twitter that she has found the missing Malaysian airplane. It would have been a complete sham if it wasn't supported with a diagram pointing to the location of the plane. But did Love really find the Malaysian airplane?
"I'm no expert but up close this does look like a plane and an oil slick," Love wrote on Twitter. "[It's] like a mile away Pulau Perak, where they 'last' tracked it 5°39'08.5″N 98°50'38.0″E but what do I know?"
Below this article are the updates, together with the diagram, shared by Courtney Love on Twitter.
In an interview with New York Magazine's Daily Intelligencer, Love revealed the truth behind her Twitter posts. The singer owned up to the picture, agreeing that she had found the spot where the Malaysian airplane was.
" . . . I went to the satellite site and just uploaded tons and tons of pictures. I really doubt aliens took it. It's got to be somewhere. I'm a little obsessive," Love said.
Tomnod, which is operated by Earth imagery company DigitalGlobe reported to have invited the online crowd to join the search for the missing airplane, however, had already ruled out the possibility before. The crowd-sourcing service considers the spot to be an interesting clue but more likely the oil spill came from other boats operating in the region.
National Post reported that Tomnod launched an online crowd-sourced search for "wreckage and possible survivors."
Tomnod's crowd-sourcing was what inspired Love to take it to herself and join the search. The singer admitted that she doesn't know anything about aviation but when she saw an article on Tomnod.com that was asking people to help search for the missing airplane, Love decided to try her luck.
"I figured a plane would still be leaking some so I searched for signs of an oil slick. I found one and there appeared to be an object nearby. I don't know if it is the plane or not, but I figured I'd do my part and bring some awareness to the site, for the sake of all the families involved," Love explained regarding her methods on how she came up with the idea that the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was found.
As of the moment, flight MH370 is still missing with 25 countries involved and with millions of people hoping that the airplane will be found.
"I hope they find the plane, I pray they're still alive, it's sad and my heart goes out to all those involved . . . It's the least I can do," the singer accepted.
Overall, with claims aside, Courtney Love had been very concerned.
— Courtney Love Cobain (@Courtney) March 17, 2014
— Courtney Love Cobain (@Courtney) March 17, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks