NBA Betting Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Atlanta Hawks Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 19, 2014 1:48 AM EST
After the toughest part of the season when they have just won a single game in fifteen outings, it appears the Atlanta Hawks are back on track after winning four in a row. The Hawks face a stern test on Tuesday evening when they host Atlantic division leaders, the Toronto Raptors.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Toronto Raptors
Three of the wins by Atlanta came against teams outside the playoff picture-- 112-100 vs. Utah; 102-97 vs. Milwaukee; and 97-92 vs. Denver-- but they won convincingly against Charlotte, 97-83.
Atlanta limited the Bobcats to 35.3 per cent shooting (30/85 FGs) and turned to Paul Millsap (28 points), Pero Antic (11 points and 10 rebounds), Jeff Teague (11 points and 9 assists) and Kyle Korver (10 points) on offense.
Meanwhile, the Raptors are 8-3 in their last 11 but are coming off a 121-113 home loss to the Phoenix Suns. The loss snapped a four-game winning streak in Canada as Toronto’s defense was nowhere to be found in that game. For the season, the Raps are actually 5th in scoring defense (97.2 opponent’s points per game).
Offense wasn't a problem as all starters ended up in double-figure scoring. Kyle Lowry had another huge outing with 28 points and 13 assists. Terrence Ross had 22 markers and Amir Johnson added 20.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (-2.5) vs. Atlanta Hawks (O/U: 199.0)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 27-11-1 in their last 39 games
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southeast division teams
- The Raptors are 21-8 ATS in their last 29 games on the road
- The Raptors are 20-7 ATS in their last 27 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Hawks in Atlanta
Atlanta Hawks Trends
- The Hawks are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 games
- The Hawks are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The Hawks are 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 games vs. East teams
- The Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Raptors in Atlanta
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan