NBA Betting Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Atlanta Hawks Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 19, 2014 1:48 AM EST
After the toughest part of the season when they have just won a single game in fifteen outings, it appears the Atlanta Hawks are back on track after winning four in a row. The Hawks face a stern test on Tuesday evening when they host Atlantic division leaders, the Toronto Raptors.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Toronto Raptors
Three of the wins by Atlanta came against teams outside the playoff picture-- 112-100 vs. Utah; 102-97 vs. Milwaukee; and 97-92 vs. Denver-- but they won convincingly against Charlotte, 97-83.
Atlanta limited the Bobcats to 35.3 per cent shooting (30/85 FGs) and turned to Paul Millsap (28 points), Pero Antic (11 points and 10 rebounds), Jeff Teague (11 points and 9 assists) and Kyle Korver (10 points) on offense.
Meanwhile, the Raptors are 8-3 in their last 11 but are coming off a 121-113 home loss to the Phoenix Suns. The loss snapped a four-game winning streak in Canada as Toronto’s defense was nowhere to be found in that game. For the season, the Raps are actually 5th in scoring defense (97.2 opponent’s points per game).
Offense wasn't a problem as all starters ended up in double-figure scoring. Kyle Lowry had another huge outing with 28 points and 13 assists. Terrence Ross had 22 markers and Amir Johnson added 20.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (-2.5) vs. Atlanta Hawks (O/U: 199.0)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 27-11-1 in their last 39 games
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southeast division teams
- The Raptors are 21-8 ATS in their last 29 games on the road
- The Raptors are 20-7 ATS in their last 27 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Hawks in Atlanta
Atlanta Hawks Trends
- The Hawks are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 games
- The Hawks are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The Hawks are 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 games vs. East teams
- The Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Raptors in Atlanta
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery