NBA Betting Preview: Toronto Raptors vs. Atlanta Hawks Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | March 19, 2014 1:48 AM EST
After the toughest part of the season when they have just won a single game in fifteen outings, it appears the Atlanta Hawks are back on track after winning four in a row. The Hawks face a stern test on Tuesday evening when they host Atlantic division leaders, the Toronto Raptors.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Toronto Raptors
Three of the wins by Atlanta came against teams outside the playoff picture-- 112-100 vs. Utah; 102-97 vs. Milwaukee; and 97-92 vs. Denver-- but they won convincingly against Charlotte, 97-83.
Atlanta limited the Bobcats to 35.3 per cent shooting (30/85 FGs) and turned to Paul Millsap (28 points), Pero Antic (11 points and 10 rebounds), Jeff Teague (11 points and 9 assists) and Kyle Korver (10 points) on offense.
Meanwhile, the Raptors are 8-3 in their last 11 but are coming off a 121-113 home loss to the Phoenix Suns. The loss snapped a four-game winning streak in Canada as Toronto’s defense was nowhere to be found in that game. For the season, the Raps are actually 5th in scoring defense (97.2 opponent’s points per game).
Offense wasn't a problem as all starters ended up in double-figure scoring. Kyle Lowry had another huge outing with 28 points and 13 assists. Terrence Ross had 22 markers and Amir Johnson added 20.
Betting Lines: Toronto Raptors (-2.5) vs. Atlanta Hawks (O/U: 199.0)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Toronto Raptors Trends
- The Raptors are 27-11-1 in their last 39 games
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Southeast division teams
- The Raptors are 21-8 ATS in their last 29 games on the road
- The Raptors are 20-7 ATS in their last 27 games vs. East teams
- The Raptors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Hawks in Atlanta
Atlanta Hawks Trends
- The Hawks are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 games
- The Hawks are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games at home
- The Hawks are 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 games vs. East teams
- The Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Hawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. the Raptors in Atlanta
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air