Prag Cine Awards 2014: Talents from Assamese Cinema to be Felicitated; Big Names from Bollywood Expected to Attend
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 19, 2014 1:28 AM EST
In what could be seen as a big leap for the Assam entertainment industry, this year's Prag Cine Awards will be organised outside the state for the first time, since its inception 10 years ago. Several artists and talents from Assam will be felicitated at the function to be held at the NGV Indoor stadium, Bangalore on 22 March.
Prag Cine Awards 2014
Prag Cine Awards 2014 is organised in association with Assam Society of Bangalore, to promote cinema in the state by encouraging talents in the pursuit for excellence. Several talents from Assam have been felicitated over the years since it was initiated in 2003.
The Bangalore edition of the Prag Cine Awards is expected to be more glamorous than previous years, with some of the biggest names from Bollywood and Kannada film industry expected to attend the event.
"The Prag Cine Awards 2014 being held in Bangalore in association with Assam Society of Bangalore, provides a wonderful platform to bring the film industries of Northeast India and South India closer and also may be very instrumental in opening up new frontiers and opportunities for people of both the industries towards exploring new talents and technologies thereby leverage the best that both the industries has to offer," National Award Winning Director and Producer, Shri Nagathihalli Chandrashekhar said at a press meet.
"We are very pleased and privileged to bring the Prag Cine Awards 2014 to Bangalore. We are confident that this event will be beneficial to both the industries and it will open a window to showcase and celebrate Assamese cinema along with creating opportunities for exchange of talents and technicians from both the film industries, the northeast and the south," said Shri Sanjive Narain, CMD of Prag Network.
Leading Assamese actors like Nishita, Barasha, Asha, Tanvi and Meghranjani will perform at the function to be telecast in as many as nine television channels across the country. National singing sensations Zubeen, Papon and Zubli will also perform some of their big hits.
Several Assamese actors like Adil Hussain, Biju Phukan, Nipon Goswami, Pranjal Saikia, Toufiq Rahman, Jatin Bora, Kasmiri Saikia, Bidya Rao, Mridula Barua, Malaya Goswami, Madhurima Choudhury, Chetana Das and others are expected to attend the star-studded event.
Started in 2003, the Prag Cine Awards has been felicitating talents from the state every year, with an aim to recognise talents in the entertainment industry. Awards will be given away in 23 categories this year.
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft