Prag Cine Awards 2014: Talents from Assamese Cinema to be Felicitated; Big Names from Bollywood Expected to Attend
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 19, 2014 1:28 AM EST
In what could be seen as a big leap for the Assam entertainment industry, this year's Prag Cine Awards will be organised outside the state for the first time, since its inception 10 years ago. Several artists and talents from Assam will be felicitated at the function to be held at the NGV Indoor stadium, Bangalore on 22 March.
Prag Cine Awards 2014
Prag Cine Awards 2014 is organised in association with Assam Society of Bangalore, to promote cinema in the state by encouraging talents in the pursuit for excellence. Several talents from Assam have been felicitated over the years since it was initiated in 2003.
The Bangalore edition of the Prag Cine Awards is expected to be more glamorous than previous years, with some of the biggest names from Bollywood and Kannada film industry expected to attend the event.
"The Prag Cine Awards 2014 being held in Bangalore in association with Assam Society of Bangalore, provides a wonderful platform to bring the film industries of Northeast India and South India closer and also may be very instrumental in opening up new frontiers and opportunities for people of both the industries towards exploring new talents and technologies thereby leverage the best that both the industries has to offer," National Award Winning Director and Producer, Shri Nagathihalli Chandrashekhar said at a press meet.
"We are very pleased and privileged to bring the Prag Cine Awards 2014 to Bangalore. We are confident that this event will be beneficial to both the industries and it will open a window to showcase and celebrate Assamese cinema along with creating opportunities for exchange of talents and technicians from both the film industries, the northeast and the south," said Shri Sanjive Narain, CMD of Prag Network.
Leading Assamese actors like Nishita, Barasha, Asha, Tanvi and Meghranjani will perform at the function to be telecast in as many as nine television channels across the country. National singing sensations Zubeen, Papon and Zubli will also perform some of their big hits.
Several Assamese actors like Adil Hussain, Biju Phukan, Nipon Goswami, Pranjal Saikia, Toufiq Rahman, Jatin Bora, Kasmiri Saikia, Bidya Rao, Mridula Barua, Malaya Goswami, Madhurima Choudhury, Chetana Das and others are expected to attend the star-studded event.
Started in 2003, the Prag Cine Awards has been felicitating talents from the state every year, with an aim to recognise talents in the entertainment industry. Awards will be given away in 23 categories this year.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List