NBA Preview: Miami, LeBron James Visit Cleveland, Heat vs. Cavaliers Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 19, 2014 12:50 AM EST
The Miami Heat are on their way back to recovery after their worst stretch this regular season. The entire Cleveland Cavaliers squad will need to step up if they still want a postseason slot after learning their franchise player will be missing the next two weeks, and even, the entire season if the injury does not heal in time.
NBA: Houston Rockets at Miami Heat
The Heat take on the Cavaliers on Tuesday night when LeBron James returns to his original stomping ground, Cleveland, Ohio.
Both the Heat and Cavaliers have struggled of late and more so against the spread; both are 2-7 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
Miami avoided losing six of their last seven games delivering a 113-104 home win over the Houston Rockets last Sunday.
James (24 points), Dwyane Wade (24 points) and Chris Bosh (18 points) had their usual numbers but it was veteran shooter Ray Allen who did the damage scoring 14 of his 25 points in the payoff period.
Meanwhile, the Cavaliers lost to the Los Angeles Clippers, 102-80 and worse, they also lost Kyrie Irving to a biceps injury, which will cause the star point guard to lose majority of the games in the stretch run of the regular season.
The Cavs (26-41) are 5 games back off Atlanta (30-35) for the eighth and final playoff spot and one game behind New York (27-40), which is on a six-game winning streak.
Without Irving, the Cavs turned to Luol Deng who finished with 23 points on 8-of-16 field goal shooting. Spencer Hawes added 14 points and Jarret Jack had 12 points. Dion Waiters came off the bench to score 15 markers.
Watch the Heat-Cavaliers match-up via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat (-9.5) vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (O/U: 196.0)
Game time: 10:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Heat are 5-2-2 ATS in their last 9 games after a win
- The Heat are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Central division teams
Cleveland Cavaliers Trends
- The Cavaliers 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Cavaliers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Southeast division teams
- The Cavaliers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation