NBA Preview: Miami, LeBron James Visit Cleveland, Heat vs. Cavaliers Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | March 19, 2014 12:50 AM EST
The Miami Heat are on their way back to recovery after their worst stretch this regular season. The entire Cleveland Cavaliers squad will need to step up if they still want a postseason slot after learning their franchise player will be missing the next two weeks, and even, the entire season if the injury does not heal in time.
NBA: Houston Rockets at Miami Heat
The Heat take on the Cavaliers on Tuesday night when LeBron James returns to his original stomping ground, Cleveland, Ohio.
Both the Heat and Cavaliers have struggled of late and more so against the spread; both are 2-7 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
Miami avoided losing six of their last seven games delivering a 113-104 home win over the Houston Rockets last Sunday.
James (24 points), Dwyane Wade (24 points) and Chris Bosh (18 points) had their usual numbers but it was veteran shooter Ray Allen who did the damage scoring 14 of his 25 points in the payoff period.
Meanwhile, the Cavaliers lost to the Los Angeles Clippers, 102-80 and worse, they also lost Kyrie Irving to a biceps injury, which will cause the star point guard to lose majority of the games in the stretch run of the regular season.
The Cavs (26-41) are 5 games back off Atlanta (30-35) for the eighth and final playoff spot and one game behind New York (27-40), which is on a six-game winning streak.
Without Irving, the Cavs turned to Luol Deng who finished with 23 points on 8-of-16 field goal shooting. Spencer Hawes added 14 points and Jarret Jack had 12 points. Dion Waiters came off the bench to score 15 markers.
Watch the Heat-Cavaliers match-up via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat (-9.5) vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (O/U: 196.0)
Game time: 10:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Heat are 5-2-2 ATS in their last 9 games after a win
- The Heat are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Central division teams
Cleveland Cavaliers Trends
- The Cavaliers 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Cavaliers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. Southeast division teams
- The Cavaliers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points