'The Voice' USA 2014 Battle Round Recap: Adam Beats Blake and Shakira to Steal Jake Barker from Usher
By Raymond Ronamai | March 19, 2014 12:06 AM EST
The battle round of "The Voice" USA 2014 kicked off in style on Monday with the contestants showing more vigor, apparently after being benefitted from tips given by their coaches and team advisors during the rehearsals.
Official Facebook Page
"The Voice" USA 2014
Six pairs performed on Monday with three of the contestants being shown the door, while Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Shakira stole one each. Interestingly, the three coaches pressed their steal button for Usher's reject but Adam won the fight.
The contestants surely looked more confident than in the blind auditions after being mentored by their coaches and team advisors - Aloe Blacc for Team Adam, The Band Perry for Team Blake, Miranda Lambert for Team Shakira and Jill Scott for Team Usher.
Biff Gore and TJ Wilkins of Team Usher kicked off the night with "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by the Temptations. They received praises from the coaches for their performance but Usher declared TJ as the winner. The drama did not end there as Blake pressed his steal button for Biff and added him to his team.
Jake Worthington and Lexi Luca from Team Blake were the next to hit the stage. They sang "It Goes Like This" by Thomas Rhett. Their coach was all praise for both but he eventually chose Jake as the winner.
Team Shakira's Dani Moz and DeShawn Washington rendered "My Kind of Love" by Emile Sande, earning praise from the coaches. However, only one would survive the battle unless the other coaches use their steal. Shakira announced Dani as the winner.
Kat Perkins and Patrick Thomson of Team Adam were pitted against each other in the battle round. They sang "Whenever I Call You Friend" by Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks. Adam was in a fix but he went with his guts and chose Kat. Then Skakira stole Patrick.
Team Blake's Paula DeAnda and Sisaundra Lewis impressed the coaches with their rendition of "Do What U Want" by Lady Gaga. Blake declared Sisaundra as the winner of the battle.
Jake Barker and Stevie Jo of Team Usher were the next to hit the stage. They sang "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood with great conviction, earning praises from the coaches. Drama started after Usher declared Stevie as the winner, with all the other coaches pressing their steal button for Jake. He eventually decided to go with Adam.
The battle round episode 2 will continue on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight