'The Voice' USA 2014 Battle Round Recap: Adam Beats Blake and Shakira to Steal Jake Barker from Usher
By Raymond Ronamai | March 19, 2014 12:06 AM EST
The battle round of "The Voice" USA 2014 kicked off in style on Monday with the contestants showing more vigor, apparently after being benefitted from tips given by their coaches and team advisors during the rehearsals.
Official Facebook Page
"The Voice" USA 2014
Six pairs performed on Monday with three of the contestants being shown the door, while Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Shakira stole one each. Interestingly, the three coaches pressed their steal button for Usher's reject but Adam won the fight.
The contestants surely looked more confident than in the blind auditions after being mentored by their coaches and team advisors - Aloe Blacc for Team Adam, The Band Perry for Team Blake, Miranda Lambert for Team Shakira and Jill Scott for Team Usher.
Biff Gore and TJ Wilkins of Team Usher kicked off the night with "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by the Temptations. They received praises from the coaches for their performance but Usher declared TJ as the winner. The drama did not end there as Blake pressed his steal button for Biff and added him to his team.
Jake Worthington and Lexi Luca from Team Blake were the next to hit the stage. They sang "It Goes Like This" by Thomas Rhett. Their coach was all praise for both but he eventually chose Jake as the winner.
Team Shakira's Dani Moz and DeShawn Washington rendered "My Kind of Love" by Emile Sande, earning praise from the coaches. However, only one would survive the battle unless the other coaches use their steal. Shakira announced Dani as the winner.
Kat Perkins and Patrick Thomson of Team Adam were pitted against each other in the battle round. They sang "Whenever I Call You Friend" by Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks. Adam was in a fix but he went with his guts and chose Kat. Then Skakira stole Patrick.
Team Blake's Paula DeAnda and Sisaundra Lewis impressed the coaches with their rendition of "Do What U Want" by Lady Gaga. Blake declared Sisaundra as the winner of the battle.
Jake Barker and Stevie Jo of Team Usher were the next to hit the stage. They sang "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood with great conviction, earning praises from the coaches. Drama started after Usher declared Stevie as the winner, with all the other coaches pressing their steal button for Jake. He eventually decided to go with Adam.
The battle round episode 2 will continue on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop