Tollywood: Jr NTR Not in 'Rudramadevi'; 'Raja Rani' Box Office, More News
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 18, 2014 10:52 PM EST
Check out some of the interesting news from Tollywood (Telugu film industry).
Jr NTR not to Play Gona Ganna Reddy in "Rudramadevi"
YouTube screenshot from official teaser of Raja Rani
Anushka Shetty's "Rudramadevi" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014. The historic drama is about the 13th century revered queen of the Kakatiya dynasty. The film boasts of an ensemble cast including Rana Daggubati, Prakash Raj, Krishnam Raju and Jaya Prakash Reddy among others in important roles.
There is one pivotal character named Gona Ganna Reddy in the film, a warrior served as minister during Rudramadevi's reign, for which an actor is yet to be cast.
Earlier, there were reports that Mahesh Babu will be doing the role in the film, but then it was reported that Ravi Teja was approached for the role.
Recently, there was a buzz that Jr NTR will be donning the role of the warrior. However, the actor's spokesperson has denied the rumours. "There is no truth in this gossip. NTR is presently shooting for Rabhasa, and has not committed himself to any movie as of now. There are a few movies in the pipeline and he is yet to take a call on them," the spokesperson told Times of India.
With Jr NTR not doing the role, it remains to be seen as to who would be roped in to play the part by the film's director Gunasekhar.
Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" Trailer Launch
Recently, the audio launch of Allu Arjun's "Race Gurram" was held at hotel Park Hyatt in Hyderabad. The film's songs, composed by Thaman, were released by the chief guest Chiranjeevi.
"Race Gurram" trailer was also expected to be released during the audio launch, but it did not happen.
The theatrical trailer is likely to be released soon. The film's songs and first look teaser have already generated a lot of buzz among fans and the trailer is expected to boost the hype surrounding the film.
Directed by Surender Reddy, "Race Gurram" is gearing up for release in April.
"Raja Rani" Telugu version Performs Well
The Telugu dubbed version of Tamil film "Raja Rani" is performing well at the box office.
"Raja Rani," which released on 14 March, minted ₹2.01 crore in its opening weekend, according to trade analyst Trinath. The film has taken an exceptional start and is on the verge of becoming a hit, Trinath said.
Directed by Atlee, "Raja Rani" is a romantic comedy entertainer with Arya, Nayanthara, Jai and Nazriya in lead roles.
Varun Tej's Debut Film to go on Floors
Actor Nagababu's son Varun Tej is all set to make his Telugu film debut with Srikanth Addala project.
The film's muhurtham was held in a grand manner last month, and the ceremony was attended by Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan.
The regular shooting for the film will be commencing from 24 March and the first schedule is reportedly taking place in Cochin.
Pooja Hegde plays the female lead opposite Varun Tej. The film is expected to hit the screens later this year.
Naga Chaitanya's New Film Shelved
Naga Chaitanya's recently-launched film "Durga" has been shelved due to unknown reasons, reported Gulte.
The actor was supposed to play the role of a law student and an apprentice to Brahmanandam in the Srinivas Reddy directorial. Hansika Motwani was approached to play the female lead opposite Naga Chaitanya.
However, reports have emerged that the film has been shelved. It is not clear as to what reasons had led to this situation.
Comedian MS Narayana in satirical film "Crazywala"
Comedy actor MS Narayana is all set to play the lead role in "Crazywala", which is said to be a satirical take on Arvind Kejriwal's "Aam Admi Party."
The actor's look and costumes are similar to Arvind Kejriwal. However, the film's director Mohana Prasad has revealed that "Crazywala" is not about the AAP leader. He has said that the main intention of the film is to encourage people to vote.
The film was launched on Monday and its shooting is expected to get over in a single schedule. The MS Narayana starrer is likely to get released as a summer entertainer.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date