Motorola Moto X Release Date: Flipkart Launches Gadget, Priced ₹23,999 in India
By Raymond Ronamai | March 18, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Motorola Moto X will finally hit the Indian market on Wednesday, months after it was released in the United States. The flagship smartphone will be launched exclusively by popular online seller Flipkart and the price starts at ₹23,999.
Different colored examples of Motorola's new Moto X phones rest on a table at a launch event in New York
Moto X will be launched during day time and not at midnight as earlier speculated, according to Flipkart. The device will be available in five colours and is priced at ₹23,999, though its two wood back versions will be priced higher at ₹25,999.
— Flipkart (@Flipkart) March 18, 2014
We'll be selling 5 colour variants priced at Rs. 23999. The wood back versions will be priced at Rs. 25999. #MotoX #MotoOnFlipkart — Flipkart (@Flipkart) March 18, 2014
Flipkart had earlier announced that consumers buying on the release day under the EMI scheme will get ₹1,000 cash back and avail 'flat' 70 percent discount on cover cases for every purchase.
Moto X was released in the US in August last year but it did not make its way into the Indian market. The smartphone is expected to do well in India, despite the late launch as it boasts several innovative features like gesture-control and 'Touchless Control', which uses voice-command to text message, email, set notifications, check game scores, unlock the phone and several others functions. It also has 'Quick-Capture' feature, which allows users to launch the camera in a few seconds, by flipping the device twice horizontally.
Motorola's flagship smartphone sports a 4.7-inch AMOLED (RGB) screen with HD 720p display resolutions and 316 ppi. It is powered by 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro dual-core CPU with one natural language processor core and a contextual processor core, and runs on Android v4.4.2 Kitkat OS.
Moto X has a 10.0-megapixel main camera with 'Clear Pixel' (RGBC) sensor and LED flash support and a 2.0-megapixel front camera, both capable of full HD 1080p video recording. It also houses a 2200 mAh battery with power back-up close to 24 hours.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates