The Rolling Stones Cancel Perth Concert Following Mick Jagger’s Girlfriend L’ Wren Scott’s Death
By Anne Lu | March 18, 2014 8:42 PM EST
The Rolling Stones have cancelled their Perth concert following the death of lead vocalist Mick Jagger’s girlfriend, L’Wren Scott. The English rock band was due to play at the Perth Arena on Wednesday, March 19, but had to call it off.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week in this February 16, 2012 file photo. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stone singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on March 17, 2014 from an apparent suicide, according a law enforcement official. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri/Files
The rockers arrived in Perth on Monday in preparation for their Australian tour concert. However, it appears that they would be cancelling all dates after Scott was found dead at her apartment in Manhattan, New York City on Monday.
“Frontier Touring and Concerts West regret to announce that The Rolling Stones concert in Perth will not be going ahead as scheduled for Wednesday 19 March 2014,” a post on their concert promoter’s Facebook page reads.
“No further information is available at this time, ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets until a further update is available.”
It is unknown yet if the Perth show was completely cancelled or just postponed until a later date.
Other “14 on Fire” tour dates in Australia are also at risk of being called off.
Jagger and his bandmates – Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, and Ronnie Wood – are scheduled to perform at the Adelaide Oval on March 22, Sydney Allphones Arena on March 25, Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on March 28, Hanging Rock, Macedon Ranges in Victoria on March 30, and at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on April 2.
The tragedy also puts the band’s New Zealand show in Auckland on April 5 in question.
Jagger had been dating Scott since he split from his wife Jerry Hall in 2001. Jagger, 70, is understood to be in mourning as he was “completely shocked and devastated” by the news of her death.
Scott, 49, a fashion designer and model, was found hanged in her apartment on Monday. She did not leave a suicide note, but there was no sign of foul play involved.
According to reports, she was nearly in USD6 million in debt before her death. She had pulled out of the London Fashion Week in February, citing “production reasons,” though it was apparently because she didn’t have the finances to pay her staff.
Jagger’s daughter with ex-wife Jerry Hall, Georgia May, has pulled out of her Melbourne Fashion Festival appearance after learning of her father’s girlfriend’s death. She was said to be close to Scott.
Scott was also close friends with Jagger’s first wife, Bianca Jagger, who tweeted: “Heartbroken to learn of the loss of the lovely and talented L’Wren Scott. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. May she rest in peace.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar