Anurag Kashyap Miffed with Aamir Khan’s “P.K.” Christmas Release
By Ankita Mehta | March 18, 2014 8:29 PM EST
The Christmas release of Aamir Khan starrer "P.K." (Peekay) has angered "Bombay Velvet" director Anurag Kashyap.
Anurag Kashyap and Aamir Khan
Kashyap had earlier mentioned that "Bombay Velvet", starring Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma, is one of his most ambitious projects. He had also booked 25 December (Christmas) date for the release of his film.
Earlier, it was only "Bombay Velvet" that was supposed to release during Christmas but Khan later announced that the release of "P.K." has been postponed from 6 June to 25 December.
In January, Khan took to Twitter to reveal that he has locked his lucky date (25 December) for the release of his new film.
Hey guys, PK release date is finally locked.... this Christmas.... my lucky date!!! Jai Ho!!!
And it has now emerged that the news of the Rajkumar Hirani directorial arriving on same day as his film has angered Kashyap.
"All it would have taken is a phone call. I heard the rumours and called Raju to tell him that if they were indeed planning a Christmas release to please let me know in advance. At that point, they said there were no such plans," Kashyap told Mumbai Mirror.
"It hurts because I respect Raju as a filmmaker and as a person. Apart from being a colleague, he is also a friend," he added.
It is a known fact that Christmas is a lucky period for Khan. Last year "Dhoom 3" was released during the period, and it created several records and became the highest grossing film ever. And even before that his superhits like "Ghajini" and "3 Idiots" were released during the Christmas Day in 2008 and 2009 respectively, with the latter going on to become the highest grosser film worldwide, till the release of "Chennai Express", "Krrish 3" and "Dhoom 3".
So when asked whether he is worried about the commercial prospects of "Bombay Velvet" being affected due to "PK", Kashyap told Mumbai Mirror: "Right now, I am focused on making a spectacular film. I'm not concerned about the marketing blitzkrieg at this point. It's obvious that both films will be affected if they release on the same day. We may sort that out at a later stage."
Hirani remained unavailable for comment. Apart from "PK" and "Bombay Velvet", John Abraham starrer "Welcome Back" is also set for the same release date.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU