iPhone 6 Release Date Nears as Apple to Further Bring Down iPhone 5C Price
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 18, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Rumors claimed Apple will release an 8 GB iPhone 5C soon. Engadget got hold of a photo of the alleged 8 GB 5C's packaging. Also, German carrier O2 leaked a document of a memo sent to employees informing the staff of an iPhone's launch tomorrow. The 8 GB variant will cost around $85.
The reason behind this was because iPhone 5C was a bit of a flop when it was released late last year. It ended up being a cheaper model of iPhone but still expensive compared to other smartphones in the market. According to Digitimes, more than 3 million iPhone 5C units are waiting for buyers, of which 2 million are stored in Pegatron's warehouses, while 1 million units are collecting dust in carriers' and retailers' shelves.
Previous reports revealed iPhone 5S was the real winner among the 2013 iPhone models that Apple came up with. The low cost iPhone 5C failed to attract iPhone consumers yielding to poor sales and profits. But making an iPhone 5C with a different storage variant is not too difficult for Apple. The company saw the potential of selling more units.
iPhone 6 release date was set to arrive as soon as September this year. The report said iPhone 6 release date will follow the previous year's launch of iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. Consumers can expect iPhone 6 around September or October, according to iDigitalTimes.
It was previously reported iPhone 6 will be released in June at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers' Conference alongside the upcoming iOS 8.
Rumors claimed two iPhone 6 will be coming this year and both versions will come with a bigger screen display. One of the new iPhone variants was speculated to enter the phablet category as one of the variants with 5.6-inch screen panel.
Also, rumors claimed iPhone 6 will pack faster and better A8 processor, and the upcoming iOS 8. The iPhone 5S' touchID fingerprint sensor will surely receive new features and improvements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates