L’Wren Scott Suicide: Mick Jagger’s Fashion Designer Girlfriend’s Twitter, Facebook Active Even after Death
By Keerthi Mohan | March 18, 2014 6:51 PM EST
The social networking sites of fashion designer L’Wren Scott, who was found dead in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, continued to post updates even after her suicide, prompting fans to wonder if her death was a hoax.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
A photo of dresses hanging from a tree was uploaded on Scott's Facebook page. and in another instance, a message appreciating fashion photographer Tim Walker’s work made it to her Twitter page just hours after Scott was declared dead,
— Adrian Johnson (@adrian_johnson) March 17, 2014
It is believed that these messages were scheduled to be automatically published on her account, thereby confusing fans on whether the suicide reports were true.
Meanwhile, investigation is underway to determine what prompted the 49-year-old fashion designer, who was also Mick Jagger’s girlfriend, to commit suicide.
One theory is that Scott, whose body was found hanging by her assistant, was said to be suffering financially and she decided to end her life as she couldn’t find a way to clear her debts.
Scott’s company, LS Fashion LTD, had a deficit of $5,899,54 and owed close to $6 million to creditors, Mail Online reported.
“L’Wren was in a lot of financial trouble. She was unable to pay her staff and her suppliers and it had been going on for a very long period of time,” a fashion source told Mail Online.
“She wanted so badly for things to be a success. Whereas she got her outfits on a number of high profile people, the clothes were not a commercial hit and didn’t fly off the shelves. It was a huge burden on her and she didn’t want to fail.”
Although she could have asked Jagger, who is reportedly worth $300 million, to help her out, Scott decided to battle it out herself.
“Everyone was very much left wondering why she didn’t ask Mick for help. Things were left a long time and she spent the past few months struggling to pay the vast amount of her out goings. It was a tragic situation and she kept it from everyone,” the source said.
“Her staff expected the company to go under and her fabric suppliers and tailors were close to ending their working relationship. The bills just weren’t getting paid,” the source added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery