L’Wren Scott Suicide: Mick Jagger’s Fashion Designer Girlfriend’s Twitter, Facebook Active Even after Death
By Keerthi Mohan | March 18, 2014 6:51 PM EST
The social networking sites of fashion designer L’Wren Scott, who was found dead in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, continued to post updates even after her suicide, prompting fans to wonder if her death was a hoax.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012.
A photo of dresses hanging from a tree was uploaded on Scott's Facebook page. and in another instance, a message appreciating fashion photographer Tim Walker’s work made it to her Twitter page just hours after Scott was declared dead,
— Adrian Johnson (@adrian_johnson) March 17, 2014
It is believed that these messages were scheduled to be automatically published on her account, thereby confusing fans on whether the suicide reports were true.
Meanwhile, investigation is underway to determine what prompted the 49-year-old fashion designer, who was also Mick Jagger’s girlfriend, to commit suicide.
One theory is that Scott, whose body was found hanging by her assistant, was said to be suffering financially and she decided to end her life as she couldn’t find a way to clear her debts.
Scott’s company, LS Fashion LTD, had a deficit of $5,899,54 and owed close to $6 million to creditors, Mail Online reported.
“L’Wren was in a lot of financial trouble. She was unable to pay her staff and her suppliers and it had been going on for a very long period of time,” a fashion source told Mail Online.
“She wanted so badly for things to be a success. Whereas she got her outfits on a number of high profile people, the clothes were not a commercial hit and didn’t fly off the shelves. It was a huge burden on her and she didn’t want to fail.”
Although she could have asked Jagger, who is reportedly worth $300 million, to help her out, Scott decided to battle it out herself.
“Everyone was very much left wondering why she didn’t ask Mick for help. Things were left a long time and she spent the past few months struggling to pay the vast amount of her out goings. It was a tragic situation and she kept it from everyone,” the source said.
“Her staff expected the company to go under and her fabric suppliers and tailors were close to ending their working relationship. The bills just weren’t getting paid,” the source added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide