‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4: Melissa McBride’s Mind ‘Officially’ Blown Performance in Episode 14
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 18, 2014 6:44 PM EST
Carol stole the show. Certainly, Melissa McBride deserves an Emmy for her performance in "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 14, "The Grove." It was an emotional episode for fans. Melissa appeared on "Talking Dead" on March 16 and shared that the shooting was fun despite the emotional content, but she was taken aback when she first learned about the episode.
"I sat there reading the script with my mouth open. Shortly after Rick (Andrew Lincoln) banished Carol from the prison, [showrunner] Scott [M. Gimple] told me Carol was going to come back, and something pretty bad was going to be required of Carol," told Melissa to The Hollywood Reporter.
She was "overwhelmed and devastated" about Carol murdering Lizzie in the second half of "The Walking Dead" season 4.
Melissa and "Talking Dead" guests CM Punk and Yvette Nicole Brown of "Community" had tears in their eyes. During the talk show, Melissa was unable to express herself because of the heavy episode.
Entertainment Weekly asked Melissa if Carol did the right thing.
"I think there is no way to say it's right or wrong. It's unfortunate, but what she did had to be done in her mind. And Tyreese agreed. He understood these difficult decisions need to be made and there was no choice to do this if we were to keep going with Judith. It's so tragic, and it's by no fault of her own. That's what is so horrible. But this world, she just wouldn't do well in this world, and it would make it so difficult to survive with her for long. That's no life for her, and it's dangerous for other people. I think she just did what needed to be done."
Two shocking deaths in one episode was a lot for the fans as well as for the cast members.
How will other members deal with the deaths of Mika and Lizzie?
Watch "The Walking Dead" season 4 episodes on Sundays on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast