‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4: Melissa McBride’s Mind ‘Officially’ Blown Performance in Episode 14
By Tarun Mazumdar | March 18, 2014 6:44 PM EST
Carol stole the show. Certainly, Melissa McBride deserves an Emmy for her performance in "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 14, "The Grove." It was an emotional episode for fans. Melissa appeared on "Talking Dead" on March 16 and shared that the shooting was fun despite the emotional content, but she was taken aback when she first learned about the episode.
"I sat there reading the script with my mouth open. Shortly after Rick (Andrew Lincoln) banished Carol from the prison, [showrunner] Scott [M. Gimple] told me Carol was going to come back, and something pretty bad was going to be required of Carol," told Melissa to The Hollywood Reporter.
She was "overwhelmed and devastated" about Carol murdering Lizzie in the second half of "The Walking Dead" season 4.
Melissa and "Talking Dead" guests CM Punk and Yvette Nicole Brown of "Community" had tears in their eyes. During the talk show, Melissa was unable to express herself because of the heavy episode.
Entertainment Weekly asked Melissa if Carol did the right thing.
"I think there is no way to say it's right or wrong. It's unfortunate, but what she did had to be done in her mind. And Tyreese agreed. He understood these difficult decisions need to be made and there was no choice to do this if we were to keep going with Judith. It's so tragic, and it's by no fault of her own. That's what is so horrible. But this world, she just wouldn't do well in this world, and it would make it so difficult to survive with her for long. That's no life for her, and it's dangerous for other people. I think she just did what needed to be done."
Two shocking deaths in one episode was a lot for the fans as well as for the cast members.
How will other members deal with the deaths of Mika and Lizzie?
Watch "The Walking Dead" season 4 episodes on Sundays on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date