Google Nexus 6 Release Soon as Nexus 5, 4 Deals Found
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 18, 2014 6:13 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date may come soon as deals and discounts for Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 have emerged online.
Amazon offered affordable Nexus smartphones that signaled the imminent launch of Nexus 6. Nexus 4 with 16 GB internal storage costs only $344.99. LG Nexus 4 boasts a 4.7-inch, 720p HD display, a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2 GB RAM, an 8 MP rear camera and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box.
Nexus 5 is also available in Amazon. The online retailer is now selling the 16 GB version of Nexus 5 for $394, down from its original price of $498. The 32 GB Nexus 5 edition still costs Android-KitKat/dp/B00GD9R7BC/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=dainewcor-20" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">$449.99. Google Nexus 5 comes with 5-inch, 1080p full HD display, a quad-core Snapdragon 800 and 2 GB RAM, 16 GB and 32 GB internal storage versions and 8 MP camera.
But some Google fans are waiting for the release date of Nexus 6. Gizmodo Germany reported Google will work with LG in making the next Nexus 6 smartphone. Other third-party manufacturers are Lenovo or Motorola. The report continued the device will be released in October.
Google's VP Sundar Pichai also hinted the Nexus 6 will be released in October. In his statement during the Mobile World Congress when he said the next Nexus smartphone will not arrive in the first half of 2014 but instead the second quarter of the year.
There are very few details on Google Nexus 6. It was rumoured to be a "lightweight" version of LG G2. Rumours pointed the handset will pack a quad HD screen display with 1,440 x 2,560 pixel resolution, a 64-bit processor and a 16 MP rear camera.
The search engine giant has not confirmed the official specs and features of the smartphone. Some of the Google Nexus 6 rumored features are 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass, 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset paired 3 GB RAM, 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera; Bluetooth, NFC; Micro-USB, Wi-Fi and 4G.
The next Nexus smartphone was expected to be released with the next generation of Android operating system dubbed as 4.5 Lollypop. The handset was speculated to be available in 32 GB/64 GB/128 GB storage variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones