Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Coming in March; 5 Possible Delays May Happen
By Ryan Inoyori | March 18, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Samsung Arabia has somehow cleared up the conflict of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy S3. Based on its Facebook account, Galaxy S3 is receiving Android KitKat at the end of March 2014. But is there any possible delay for the software update?
Samsung Arabia on Galaxy S3
Samsung Arabia posted a reply on its official Facebook account regarding the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy S3. One user asked if an update would arrive in the United Arab Emirates. According to Samsung Arabia, an update is indeed set around by end of March.
But Sam Mobile is unable to confirm this information or if Android KitKat update is really coming for the device. Insiders are not reporting any development of KitKat-based firmware for Galaxy S3 at this time. In case Samsung Arabia is sure of the update, Galaxy S3 users will have an opportunity to get Android KitKat as the final software version.
Within several months, Galaxy S3 received two major Android upgrades: Android 4.1 and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. Is there any possibility of delay for Android 4.4.2 KitKat?
Reasons of Possible Delays
1. Porting Issues
During Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3, owners have appealed for Android 4.2.2 version but Samsung decided to jump and develop Android 4.3. Android 4.3 was delayed due to porting problems related to the newer TouchWiz UI.
2. App Compatibility
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 featured several exclusive apps from Galaxy S4 and mostly upgraded Galaxy S services. These apps also suffered some setback for porting on Galaxy S3 aside from TouchWiz UI.
3. Bug Fixes
In addition to several app changes on Android 4.3, new bugs also appeared and widely reported by owners to Samsung and various network carriers. Major bugs on the firmware include Wi-Fi drop, Bluetooth connection issues, poor memory management and easily drained battery.
4. Galaxy S4 and Note 3 Update
Samsung would likely to focus first on Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat and if the updates include similar issues with Android 4.3, Galaxy S3 owners may get some delays. First update rollout of Android 4.3 stopped in UK due to issues then resolved by Samsung on the second release.
5. Network Carriers
Another setback for the update is related to network carriers and mostly affect owners in the U.S. Major network carriers will need to certify the firmware first and must finish the earlier software update before releasing the new version.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in May 2012 and almost nearing its software update support this year and Android KitKat is likely the last firmware version available for the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate