Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Coming in March; 5 Possible Delays May Happen
By Ryan Inoyori | March 18, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Samsung Arabia has somehow cleared up the conflict of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy S3. Based on its Facebook account, Galaxy S3 is receiving Android KitKat at the end of March 2014. But is there any possible delay for the software update?
Samsung Arabia on Galaxy S3
Samsung Arabia posted a reply on its official Facebook account regarding the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy S3. One user asked if an update would arrive in the United Arab Emirates. According to Samsung Arabia, an update is indeed set around by end of March.
But Sam Mobile is unable to confirm this information or if Android KitKat update is really coming for the device. Insiders are not reporting any development of KitKat-based firmware for Galaxy S3 at this time. In case Samsung Arabia is sure of the update, Galaxy S3 users will have an opportunity to get Android KitKat as the final software version.
Within several months, Galaxy S3 received two major Android upgrades: Android 4.1 and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. Is there any possibility of delay for Android 4.4.2 KitKat?
Reasons of Possible Delays
1. Porting Issues
During Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3, owners have appealed for Android 4.2.2 version but Samsung decided to jump and develop Android 4.3. Android 4.3 was delayed due to porting problems related to the newer TouchWiz UI.
2. App Compatibility
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 featured several exclusive apps from Galaxy S4 and mostly upgraded Galaxy S services. These apps also suffered some setback for porting on Galaxy S3 aside from TouchWiz UI.
3. Bug Fixes
In addition to several app changes on Android 4.3, new bugs also appeared and widely reported by owners to Samsung and various network carriers. Major bugs on the firmware include Wi-Fi drop, Bluetooth connection issues, poor memory management and easily drained battery.
4. Galaxy S4 and Note 3 Update
Samsung would likely to focus first on Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat and if the updates include similar issues with Android 4.3, Galaxy S3 owners may get some delays. First update rollout of Android 4.3 stopped in UK due to issues then resolved by Samsung on the second release.
5. Network Carriers
Another setback for the update is related to network carriers and mostly affect owners in the U.S. Major network carriers will need to certify the firmware first and must finish the earlier software update before releasing the new version.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in May 2012 and almost nearing its software update support this year and Android KitKat is likely the last firmware version available for the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports