Samsung Galaxy S3 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Coming in March; 5 Possible Delays May Happen
By Ryan Inoyori | March 18, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Samsung Arabia has somehow cleared up the conflict of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy S3. Based on its Facebook account, Galaxy S3 is receiving Android KitKat at the end of March 2014. But is there any possible delay for the software update?
Samsung Arabia on Galaxy S3
Samsung Arabia posted a reply on its official Facebook account regarding the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy S3. One user asked if an update would arrive in the United Arab Emirates. According to Samsung Arabia, an update is indeed set around by end of March.
But Sam Mobile is unable to confirm this information or if Android KitKat update is really coming for the device. Insiders are not reporting any development of KitKat-based firmware for Galaxy S3 at this time. In case Samsung Arabia is sure of the update, Galaxy S3 users will have an opportunity to get Android KitKat as the final software version.
Within several months, Galaxy S3 received two major Android upgrades: Android 4.1 and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. Is there any possibility of delay for Android 4.4.2 KitKat?
Reasons of Possible Delays
1. Porting Issues
During Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3, owners have appealed for Android 4.2.2 version but Samsung decided to jump and develop Android 4.3. Android 4.3 was delayed due to porting problems related to the newer TouchWiz UI.
2. App Compatibility
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 featured several exclusive apps from Galaxy S4 and mostly upgraded Galaxy S services. These apps also suffered some setback for porting on Galaxy S3 aside from TouchWiz UI.
3. Bug Fixes
In addition to several app changes on Android 4.3, new bugs also appeared and widely reported by owners to Samsung and various network carriers. Major bugs on the firmware include Wi-Fi drop, Bluetooth connection issues, poor memory management and easily drained battery.
4. Galaxy S4 and Note 3 Update
Samsung would likely to focus first on Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat and if the updates include similar issues with Android 4.3, Galaxy S3 owners may get some delays. First update rollout of Android 4.3 stopped in UK due to issues then resolved by Samsung on the second release.
5. Network Carriers
Another setback for the update is related to network carriers and mostly affect owners in the U.S. Major network carriers will need to certify the firmware first and must finish the earlier software update before releasing the new version.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in May 2012 and almost nearing its software update support this year and Android KitKat is likely the last firmware version available for the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James