Khloe Kardashian Lashes Out At ‘Sunrise’ After North West Question
By Anne Lu | March 18, 2014 5:13 PM EST
Khloe Kardashian is lashing out at “Sunrise” after she was asked her about her niece North West. The reality star was chatting via satellite with presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch when she suddenly pulled the plug on her connection.
Television personality Khloe Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
The interview appeared to be friendly, with Khloe down to her normally chipper self. She was promoting her new line of baby clothes when Sam asked about her sister Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s infant daughter, North.
Khloe willingly answered Sam’s question, saying her niece was doing fine. But after a few lines, the line was abruptly disconnected.
Apparently, Khloe’s minders pulled the plug on the interview when they thought Sam’s line of questioning became too personal.
— Sunrise (@sunriseon7) March 17, 2014
Khloe quickly fired back, denying that the line was intentionally cut.
Why would I cut an interview short because of North? Get over your self Sunrise... The call dropped... stop reaching for a story — Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 17, 2014
You are so fucking desperate!
— Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 17, 2014
But “Sunrise” is sticking to its story. Executive producer Michael Pell told news.com.au that the manner in which Khloe’s interview ended was not consistent with a satellite dropout as the connection dissolved into a studio clapper.
Also, a source in Los Angeles, where Khloe is based, confirmed that the 29-year-old socialite’s minders deliberately disconnected the call.
“Sam asked a question about the inspiration for the line of clothing... the range of topics includes a baby range, so in my eyes that isn’t straying from the topic,” Pell explained, saying that the producers never agreed to pre-approved questions before the interview started.
“We don’t just have people in to simply plug products, to us it’s always about a natural, fair conversation.”
Pell made it clear that he doesn’t blame Khloe for the disconnected call, saying, “I blame her overzealous minders.”
He described the “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star as “always been nothing but polite, nice, honest and funny.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery