Khloe Kardashian Lashes Out At ‘Sunrise’ After North West Question
By Anne Lu | March 18, 2014 5:13 PM EST
Khloe Kardashian is lashing out at “Sunrise” after she was asked her about her niece North West. The reality star was chatting via satellite with presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch when she suddenly pulled the plug on her connection.
Television personality Khloe Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
The interview appeared to be friendly, with Khloe down to her normally chipper self. She was promoting her new line of baby clothes when Sam asked about her sister Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s infant daughter, North.
Khloe willingly answered Sam’s question, saying her niece was doing fine. But after a few lines, the line was abruptly disconnected.
Apparently, Khloe’s minders pulled the plug on the interview when they thought Sam’s line of questioning became too personal.
— Sunrise (@sunriseon7) March 17, 2014
Khloe quickly fired back, denying that the line was intentionally cut.
Why would I cut an interview short because of North? Get over your self Sunrise... The call dropped... stop reaching for a story — Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 17, 2014
You are so fucking desperate!
— Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 17, 2014
But “Sunrise” is sticking to its story. Executive producer Michael Pell told news.com.au that the manner in which Khloe’s interview ended was not consistent with a satellite dropout as the connection dissolved into a studio clapper.
Also, a source in Los Angeles, where Khloe is based, confirmed that the 29-year-old socialite’s minders deliberately disconnected the call.
“Sam asked a question about the inspiration for the line of clothing... the range of topics includes a baby range, so in my eyes that isn’t straying from the topic,” Pell explained, saying that the producers never agreed to pre-approved questions before the interview started.
“We don’t just have people in to simply plug products, to us it’s always about a natural, fair conversation.”
Pell made it clear that he doesn’t blame Khloe for the disconnected call, saying, “I blame her overzealous minders.”
He described the “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star as “always been nothing but polite, nice, honest and funny.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft