Khloe Kardashian Lashes Out At ‘Sunrise’ After North West Question
By Anne Lu | March 18, 2014 5:13 PM EST
Khloe Kardashian is lashing out at “Sunrise” after she was asked her about her niece North West. The reality star was chatting via satellite with presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch when she suddenly pulled the plug on her connection.
Television personality Khloe Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
The interview appeared to be friendly, with Khloe down to her normally chipper self. She was promoting her new line of baby clothes when Sam asked about her sister Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s infant daughter, North.
Khloe willingly answered Sam’s question, saying her niece was doing fine. But after a few lines, the line was abruptly disconnected.
Apparently, Khloe’s minders pulled the plug on the interview when they thought Sam’s line of questioning became too personal.
— Sunrise (@sunriseon7) March 17, 2014
Khloe quickly fired back, denying that the line was intentionally cut.
Why would I cut an interview short because of North? Get over your self Sunrise... The call dropped... stop reaching for a story — Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 17, 2014
You are so fucking desperate!
— Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 17, 2014
But “Sunrise” is sticking to its story. Executive producer Michael Pell told news.com.au that the manner in which Khloe’s interview ended was not consistent with a satellite dropout as the connection dissolved into a studio clapper.
Also, a source in Los Angeles, where Khloe is based, confirmed that the 29-year-old socialite’s minders deliberately disconnected the call.
“Sam asked a question about the inspiration for the line of clothing... the range of topics includes a baby range, so in my eyes that isn’t straying from the topic,” Pell explained, saying that the producers never agreed to pre-approved questions before the interview started.
“We don’t just have people in to simply plug products, to us it’s always about a natural, fair conversation.”
Pell made it clear that he doesn’t blame Khloe for the disconnected call, saying, “I blame her overzealous minders.”
He described the “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star as “always been nothing but polite, nice, honest and funny.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports