Khloe Kardashian Lashes Out At ‘Sunrise’ After North West Question
By Anne Lu | March 18, 2014 5:13 PM EST
Khloe Kardashian is lashing out at “Sunrise” after she was asked her about her niece North West. The reality star was chatting via satellite with presenters Samantha Armytage and David Koch when she suddenly pulled the plug on her connection.
Television personality Khloe Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
The interview appeared to be friendly, with Khloe down to her normally chipper self. She was promoting her new line of baby clothes when Sam asked about her sister Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s infant daughter, North.
Khloe willingly answered Sam’s question, saying her niece was doing fine. But after a few lines, the line was abruptly disconnected.
Apparently, Khloe’s minders pulled the plug on the interview when they thought Sam’s line of questioning became too personal.
— Sunrise (@sunriseon7) March 17, 2014
Khloe quickly fired back, denying that the line was intentionally cut.
Why would I cut an interview short because of North? Get over your self Sunrise... The call dropped... stop reaching for a story — Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 17, 2014
You are so fucking desperate!
— Khloé (@khloekardashian) March 17, 2014
But “Sunrise” is sticking to its story. Executive producer Michael Pell told news.com.au that the manner in which Khloe’s interview ended was not consistent with a satellite dropout as the connection dissolved into a studio clapper.
Also, a source in Los Angeles, where Khloe is based, confirmed that the 29-year-old socialite’s minders deliberately disconnected the call.
“Sam asked a question about the inspiration for the line of clothing... the range of topics includes a baby range, so in my eyes that isn’t straying from the topic,” Pell explained, saying that the producers never agreed to pre-approved questions before the interview started.
“We don’t just have people in to simply plug products, to us it’s always about a natural, fair conversation.”
Pell made it clear that he doesn’t blame Khloe for the disconnected call, saying, “I blame her overzealous minders.”
He described the “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star as “always been nothing but polite, nice, honest and funny.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown