The Cutest Argument Ever: 3-Year Old Calls Her Mother 'Linda! Listen" While Arguing for Cup Cakes
By Sonalee singh | March 18, 2014 5:03 PM EST
A video of a 3-year-old boy arguing with his mother has gone viral on the social media. It shows a three-year-old by the name of Matthew Beltran, who is also called as Mateo arguing with his mother Linda for eating cupcakes. Linda posted the video on February 19 on YouTube and within a month it has received more than 3.5 million likes.
The video starts with Mateo addressing his mother by her name and asking her to listen to him. Little Mateo says in the video, "Linda! Linda Dude listen to me."
Social media users think that this is by far the cutest mother and son argument. The way toddler explains why he should be allowed to have cupcakes is rather funny.
Linda Beltran works for a customer support company Uber Conference and she has posted many videos in the past.
She said in an interview with Uber conferencing, "Like all my other videos, I initially posted this one to share with friends and family. Well, they happened to share it, and the people they shared it with shared it, and so on. I've always said Mateo is an old soul. The kid definitely keeps us on our toes, and this video depicts him, well, accurately."
"If Mateo feels the need and has a valid argument, he will be sure to voice it. He felt he didn't need to eat dinner since he already had lunch, and that cupcakes were a suitable compromise," added Linda further.
In regards to Mateo not addressing Linda as mum she said that Mateo has been purposely taught to address his parents by their first name. Apparently, the family went on a vacation to theme park where they found a lost boy who was unable to locate his parents as he did not know his parents name and only addressed them as mum and dad. This made Linda realize that how important it is for kids to know whom their parents are.
Let us know your thoughts on the Mateo's cute argument video. Do you think Linda is right in allowing her son to address her by her name?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes