NBA News: Injury-Prone Kyrie Irving Could Be Out for the Season with Biceps Strain
By James Patrick Quizon | March 18, 2014 5:00 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers will have to make their playoff push without their franchise player Kyrie Irving, who suffered a biceps strain that will cause him to miss at least two weeks.
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers at New York Knicks
The 21-year-old rising star suffered the injury during the first half of their game versus the Los Angeles Clippers last Sunday. He underwent an MRI the next day and it revealed “a strain in the long head tendon” of the biceps, according to a statement from the Cavaliers.
The team also said that the tendon’s response will determine the most appropriate course of treatment and the star will have to be shut down for the next two weeks.
The Cavaliers (26-41) are five games back off the Atlanta Hawks (30-35) for the eighth and final playoff spot in the weak Eastern Conference. The New York Knicks are ahead of them in the standings as well at ninth place with a 27-40 win-loss card.
The more troubling fact for the Cleveland front office and fans is that Irving has now missed considerable time due to injuries in his first three years in the league prompting critics to peg him as “injury-prone”.
History is not on Irving’s side. He has yet to complete a full NBA grind playing only 51 of 66, 59 of 82 and 64 of 82 games the last three seasons.
The list keeps piling up for the young star as various injuries include a fractured jaw, broken finger, sprained shoulder, broken nose, concussion and now, strained biceps.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide