NBA News: Injury-Prone Kyrie Irving Could Be Out for the Season with Biceps Strain
By James Patrick Quizon | March 18, 2014 5:00 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers will have to make their playoff push without their franchise player Kyrie Irving, who suffered a biceps strain that will cause him to miss at least two weeks.
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers at New York Knicks
The 21-year-old rising star suffered the injury during the first half of their game versus the Los Angeles Clippers last Sunday. He underwent an MRI the next day and it revealed “a strain in the long head tendon” of the biceps, according to a statement from the Cavaliers.
The team also said that the tendon’s response will determine the most appropriate course of treatment and the star will have to be shut down for the next two weeks.
The Cavaliers (26-41) are five games back off the Atlanta Hawks (30-35) for the eighth and final playoff spot in the weak Eastern Conference. The New York Knicks are ahead of them in the standings as well at ninth place with a 27-40 win-loss card.
The more troubling fact for the Cleveland front office and fans is that Irving has now missed considerable time due to injuries in his first three years in the league prompting critics to peg him as “injury-prone”.
History is not on Irving’s side. He has yet to complete a full NBA grind playing only 51 of 66, 59 of 82 and 64 of 82 games the last three seasons.
The list keeps piling up for the young star as various injuries include a fractured jaw, broken finger, sprained shoulder, broken nose, concussion and now, strained biceps.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’