NBA News: Injury-Prone Kyrie Irving Could Be Out for the Season with Biceps Strain
By James Patrick Quizon | March 18, 2014 5:00 PM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers will have to make their playoff push without their franchise player Kyrie Irving, who suffered a biceps strain that will cause him to miss at least two weeks.
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers at New York Knicks
The 21-year-old rising star suffered the injury during the first half of their game versus the Los Angeles Clippers last Sunday. He underwent an MRI the next day and it revealed “a strain in the long head tendon” of the biceps, according to a statement from the Cavaliers.
The team also said that the tendon’s response will determine the most appropriate course of treatment and the star will have to be shut down for the next two weeks.
The Cavaliers (26-41) are five games back off the Atlanta Hawks (30-35) for the eighth and final playoff spot in the weak Eastern Conference. The New York Knicks are ahead of them in the standings as well at ninth place with a 27-40 win-loss card.
The more troubling fact for the Cleveland front office and fans is that Irving has now missed considerable time due to injuries in his first three years in the league prompting critics to peg him as “injury-prone”.
History is not on Irving’s side. He has yet to complete a full NBA grind playing only 51 of 66, 59 of 82 and 64 of 82 games the last three seasons.
The list keeps piling up for the young star as various injuries include a fractured jaw, broken finger, sprained shoulder, broken nose, concussion and now, strained biceps.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues