Images of Penis and Testicles Scratched in Cricket Pitch
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 18, 2014 3:59 PM EST
South Australian cricketer Daniel Worrall was sentenced to suspension for scratching images of penis and testicles in the cricket pitch.
This bizarre incident took place at Toorak Park in Melbourne where the state's second division match for Futures League was taking place. Cricket Australia took a strong decisive action and suspended the 22-year old cricketer for four limited over matches.
Toorak Park hosts many important matches. In fact, the ground was supposed to be used for grade cricket this weekend.
Cricket Australia further confirmed the incident was a breach of its code of conduct.
Worrall, who pleaded guilty to the charge, disputed the penalty. This led to a formal Code of Behaviour hearing on Tuesday morning.
Worrall has another 48 hours to lodge an appeal with Cricket Australia at the end of the hearing.
However, in any case, Worrall had to serve his suspension when the Australian domestic season starts in 2015.
This is probably one of the most unique and equally shameful incidents that happened in the cricketing world.
In light of this event, let's take a look at some other bizarre events that happened in cricket.
- Australian fast bowler Earnst Jones was credited to have bowled the most famous bouncer that went through W.G Grace's beard. This happened in 1896.
- In 1946, cricketer Al Grover, while fielding for Surrey in Kingston, took a catch between his thighs while pulling his sweater and dismissed R.N. Exton. As it was evident, he took the catch even without knowing because he could not see the ball as his sweater was right over his head.
- A test match in 1939 at Durban went on for 10 days without any conclusive result. Chuck Fleetwood Smith of Australia started his career as a right arm bowler but got recognition as a left arm wrist spinner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet