Images of Penis and Testicles Scratched in Cricket Pitch
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 18, 2014 3:59 PM EST
South Australian cricketer Daniel Worrall was sentenced to suspension for scratching images of penis and testicles in the cricket pitch.
This bizarre incident took place at Toorak Park in Melbourne where the state's second division match for Futures League was taking place. Cricket Australia took a strong decisive action and suspended the 22-year old cricketer for four limited over matches.
Toorak Park hosts many important matches. In fact, the ground was supposed to be used for grade cricket this weekend.
Cricket Australia further confirmed the incident was a breach of its code of conduct.
Worrall, who pleaded guilty to the charge, disputed the penalty. This led to a formal Code of Behaviour hearing on Tuesday morning.
Worrall has another 48 hours to lodge an appeal with Cricket Australia at the end of the hearing.
However, in any case, Worrall had to serve his suspension when the Australian domestic season starts in 2015.
This is probably one of the most unique and equally shameful incidents that happened in the cricketing world.
In light of this event, let's take a look at some other bizarre events that happened in cricket.
- Australian fast bowler Earnst Jones was credited to have bowled the most famous bouncer that went through W.G Grace's beard. This happened in 1896.
- In 1946, cricketer Al Grover, while fielding for Surrey in Kingston, took a catch between his thighs while pulling his sweater and dismissed R.N. Exton. As it was evident, he took the catch even without knowing because he could not see the ball as his sweater was right over his head.
- A test match in 1939 at Durban went on for 10 days without any conclusive result. Chuck Fleetwood Smith of Australia started his career as a right arm bowler but got recognition as a left arm wrist spinner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports