Call of Duty: Ghosts vs. Battlefield 4: Irreversible Banning for COD, More Details on Naval Strike
By Gel Galang | March 18, 2014 3:55 PM EST
In the advent of the rise of the supposed "Call of Duty" killer Titanfall, COD developer Activision has just issued what appears to be a massive wave of bans, particularly for those who are using the PS3 and PS4 consoles.
This goes for the Call of Duty: Ghosts game, wherein players are claiming in forums that they have been unjustly banned from playing the game. MP1st reports of various cases, including one on a father and son who weren't aware of participating in a hacked lobby until they received their bans.
"Bans are out in place after an account has been investigated into. Any code of conduct violations WILL result in a ban," said Activision in an official statement quoted by MP1st. "All bans are final and will not be reversed. Nor do we provide any additional information or specifics in regards to the bans."
But it seems that this may not be the end of the line for Call of Duty: Ghosts banned players, as the report also mentions a number of gamers who have had their bans lifted despite facing a permanent ban.
DICE details Naval Strike for fans
As the Ask DICE series continues, DICE now take players through the ropes of Naval Strike, the upcoming DLC for Battlefield 4.
According to the developers, there will be four maps in all for the Naval Strike DLC, namely the Lost Islands map, Wave Breaker, Nansha Strike, and Operation Mortar. Each one has a specific theme--for instance, Nansha Strike features stormy weathers while Lost Islands brings you to the tropics.
Visually, there will be a major difference from the way Levolution was done in Paracel Storm. This time, there are new and differing types of weather in the maps, while you also make use of the environment to fit the strategy that you take on.
"The design philosophy behind Battlefield 4 Naval Strike was to expand on what makes naval warfare and water-based vehicles fun in Battlefield 4. We know that there are many fans of Paracel Storm in our community, and with this expansion we wanted to give players who love that map more variations in the naval gameplay," said Gustav Halling, lead gameplay designer, over at Battlefield.com.
Apart from the new maps and weathers, a new Hovercraft, the ACV, will be introduced. This new transport will allow you to maneuver through land and sea so you can cross islands without having to go around them.
Lastly, Battlefield 4's Naval Strike will also introduce new gadgets and weapons, like the M320 3GL which lets you fire three grenades without reloading for small explosives and cramped spaces. There's also the Anti-Heli Mine, an aircraft that disables projectile and blocks off small paths for air vehicles.
Naval Strike for Battlefield 4 is scheduled to hit Premium members first in late March, though the exact date may be announced in another entry.
Read gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Samsung Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update: Available To Galaxy S5 LTE-A and Galaxy Mega 2
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU