Call of Duty: Ghosts vs. Battlefield 4: Irreversible Banning for COD, More Details on Naval Strike
By Gel Galang | March 18, 2014 3:55 PM EST
In the advent of the rise of the supposed "Call of Duty" killer Titanfall, COD developer Activision has just issued what appears to be a massive wave of bans, particularly for those who are using the PS3 and PS4 consoles.
This goes for the Call of Duty: Ghosts game, wherein players are claiming in forums that they have been unjustly banned from playing the game. MP1st reports of various cases, including one on a father and son who weren't aware of participating in a hacked lobby until they received their bans.
"Bans are out in place after an account has been investigated into. Any code of conduct violations WILL result in a ban," said Activision in an official statement quoted by MP1st. "All bans are final and will not be reversed. Nor do we provide any additional information or specifics in regards to the bans."
But it seems that this may not be the end of the line for Call of Duty: Ghosts banned players, as the report also mentions a number of gamers who have had their bans lifted despite facing a permanent ban.
DICE details Naval Strike for fans
As the Ask DICE series continues, DICE now take players through the ropes of Naval Strike, the upcoming DLC for Battlefield 4.
According to the developers, there will be four maps in all for the Naval Strike DLC, namely the Lost Islands map, Wave Breaker, Nansha Strike, and Operation Mortar. Each one has a specific theme--for instance, Nansha Strike features stormy weathers while Lost Islands brings you to the tropics.
Visually, there will be a major difference from the way Levolution was done in Paracel Storm. This time, there are new and differing types of weather in the maps, while you also make use of the environment to fit the strategy that you take on.
"The design philosophy behind Battlefield 4 Naval Strike was to expand on what makes naval warfare and water-based vehicles fun in Battlefield 4. We know that there are many fans of Paracel Storm in our community, and with this expansion we wanted to give players who love that map more variations in the naval gameplay," said Gustav Halling, lead gameplay designer, over at Battlefield.com.
Apart from the new maps and weathers, a new Hovercraft, the ACV, will be introduced. This new transport will allow you to maneuver through land and sea so you can cross islands without having to go around them.
Lastly, Battlefield 4's Naval Strike will also introduce new gadgets and weapons, like the M320 3GL which lets you fire three grenades without reloading for small explosives and cramped spaces. There's also the Anti-Heli Mine, an aircraft that disables projectile and blocks off small paths for air vehicles.
Naval Strike for Battlefield 4 is scheduled to hit Premium members first in late March, though the exact date may be announced in another entry.
Read gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up