Call of Duty: Ghosts vs. Battlefield 4: Irreversible Banning for COD, More Details on Naval Strike
By Gel Galang | March 18, 2014 3:55 PM EST
In the advent of the rise of the supposed "Call of Duty" killer Titanfall, COD developer Activision has just issued what appears to be a massive wave of bans, particularly for those who are using the PS3 and PS4 consoles.
This goes for the Call of Duty: Ghosts game, wherein players are claiming in forums that they have been unjustly banned from playing the game. MP1st reports of various cases, including one on a father and son who weren't aware of participating in a hacked lobby until they received their bans.
"Bans are out in place after an account has been investigated into. Any code of conduct violations WILL result in a ban," said Activision in an official statement quoted by MP1st. "All bans are final and will not be reversed. Nor do we provide any additional information or specifics in regards to the bans."
But it seems that this may not be the end of the line for Call of Duty: Ghosts banned players, as the report also mentions a number of gamers who have had their bans lifted despite facing a permanent ban.
DICE details Naval Strike for fans
As the Ask DICE series continues, DICE now take players through the ropes of Naval Strike, the upcoming DLC for Battlefield 4.
According to the developers, there will be four maps in all for the Naval Strike DLC, namely the Lost Islands map, Wave Breaker, Nansha Strike, and Operation Mortar. Each one has a specific theme--for instance, Nansha Strike features stormy weathers while Lost Islands brings you to the tropics.
Visually, there will be a major difference from the way Levolution was done in Paracel Storm. This time, there are new and differing types of weather in the maps, while you also make use of the environment to fit the strategy that you take on.
"The design philosophy behind Battlefield 4 Naval Strike was to expand on what makes naval warfare and water-based vehicles fun in Battlefield 4. We know that there are many fans of Paracel Storm in our community, and with this expansion we wanted to give players who love that map more variations in the naval gameplay," said Gustav Halling, lead gameplay designer, over at Battlefield.com.
Apart from the new maps and weathers, a new Hovercraft, the ACV, will be introduced. This new transport will allow you to maneuver through land and sea so you can cross islands without having to go around them.
Lastly, Battlefield 4's Naval Strike will also introduce new gadgets and weapons, like the M320 3GL which lets you fire three grenades without reloading for small explosives and cramped spaces. There's also the Anti-Heli Mine, an aircraft that disables projectile and blocks off small paths for air vehicles.
Naval Strike for Battlefield 4 is scheduled to hit Premium members first in late March, though the exact date may be announced in another entry.
Read gaming and tech news here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate