‘Master of Sex’ Season 2 Spoilers: What You Need to Know About the Upcoming Season
By Riza Ornos | March 18, 2014 3:11 PM EST
After a cliff hanger season 1 finale, "Master of Sex" season 2 is back in production this March for yet another thrilling season about the mysteries surrounding sex. Stars Emmy-nominee Michael Sheen as William Masters and Lizzy Caplan as Virginia Johnson, the two lead stars portrays the real-life pioneers of the science of human sexuality.
"I have nothing to offer you except maybe the truth: I finally realized that there is one thing that I can't live without - it's you," Masters confessed is true feeling to Virginia on her doorstep in the falling rain. Season 1 ended disappointedly for William Masters after his study was rejected by his colleagues at the university, and Virginia working with another doctor and settling with Ethan.
"The end of the season sort of underscores the theme of really the entire show, which is that romantic desire and the human heart are mysterious things, and we want the things we want," says executive producer Sarah Timberman on an interview with Entertainment Weekly, adding, "As you say, on paper Ethan Haas is offering her everything that in theory that she could hope for. And yet, she's drawn to Masters and drawn to the study for reasons that are incredibly complex. None of it adds up rationally, but one of the sort of ironies of the show, and of the whole season, is that, Masters is endeavoring to pin down, scientifically, something that is ultimately very intangible. It's about the mystery of the human condition."
With Ethan being offered a position at UCLA and Masters professing his need for Virginia, season 2 promises a lot of drama and tension between the two doctors who are vying for one woman's love and affection. When Ethan proposed to Ginny and encouraged her to move with him to the east coast, Ginny did not provide any answer which give fans a lot to speculate for the upcoming season.
Showrunner Michelle Ashford also revealed that there will be time jumps for "Master of Sex" season 2, since it is vital to tell the whole story behind the sex researchers. The next logical step for the show is to follow the real life story where Masters and Johnson set up a shop at an independent research facility in 1964.
But working with Masters again could mean that Ginny will be leaving Dr. DePaul who will likely pass away from her ailing cancer. Timberman promises its fans that they won't see the ending of the series coming, so better watch out for more infos for "Masters of Sex" season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’