‘Master of Sex’ Season 2 Spoilers: What You Need to Know About the Upcoming Season
By Riza Ornos | March 18, 2014 3:11 PM EST
After a cliff hanger season 1 finale, "Master of Sex" season 2 is back in production this March for yet another thrilling season about the mysteries surrounding sex. Stars Emmy-nominee Michael Sheen as William Masters and Lizzy Caplan as Virginia Johnson, the two lead stars portrays the real-life pioneers of the science of human sexuality.
"I have nothing to offer you except maybe the truth: I finally realized that there is one thing that I can't live without - it's you," Masters confessed is true feeling to Virginia on her doorstep in the falling rain. Season 1 ended disappointedly for William Masters after his study was rejected by his colleagues at the university, and Virginia working with another doctor and settling with Ethan.
"The end of the season sort of underscores the theme of really the entire show, which is that romantic desire and the human heart are mysterious things, and we want the things we want," says executive producer Sarah Timberman on an interview with Entertainment Weekly, adding, "As you say, on paper Ethan Haas is offering her everything that in theory that she could hope for. And yet, she's drawn to Masters and drawn to the study for reasons that are incredibly complex. None of it adds up rationally, but one of the sort of ironies of the show, and of the whole season, is that, Masters is endeavoring to pin down, scientifically, something that is ultimately very intangible. It's about the mystery of the human condition."
With Ethan being offered a position at UCLA and Masters professing his need for Virginia, season 2 promises a lot of drama and tension between the two doctors who are vying for one woman's love and affection. When Ethan proposed to Ginny and encouraged her to move with him to the east coast, Ginny did not provide any answer which give fans a lot to speculate for the upcoming season.
Showrunner Michelle Ashford also revealed that there will be time jumps for "Master of Sex" season 2, since it is vital to tell the whole story behind the sex researchers. The next logical step for the show is to follow the real life story where Masters and Johnson set up a shop at an independent research facility in 1964.
But working with Masters again could mean that Ginny will be leaving Dr. DePaul who will likely pass away from her ailing cancer. Timberman promises its fans that they won't see the ending of the series coming, so better watch out for more infos for "Masters of Sex" season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2