‘Master of Sex’ Season 2 Spoilers: What You Need to Know About the Upcoming Season
By Riza Ornos | March 18, 2014 3:11 PM EST
After a cliff hanger season 1 finale, "Master of Sex" season 2 is back in production this March for yet another thrilling season about the mysteries surrounding sex. Stars Emmy-nominee Michael Sheen as William Masters and Lizzy Caplan as Virginia Johnson, the two lead stars portrays the real-life pioneers of the science of human sexuality.
"I have nothing to offer you except maybe the truth: I finally realized that there is one thing that I can't live without - it's you," Masters confessed is true feeling to Virginia on her doorstep in the falling rain. Season 1 ended disappointedly for William Masters after his study was rejected by his colleagues at the university, and Virginia working with another doctor and settling with Ethan.
"The end of the season sort of underscores the theme of really the entire show, which is that romantic desire and the human heart are mysterious things, and we want the things we want," says executive producer Sarah Timberman on an interview with Entertainment Weekly, adding, "As you say, on paper Ethan Haas is offering her everything that in theory that she could hope for. And yet, she's drawn to Masters and drawn to the study for reasons that are incredibly complex. None of it adds up rationally, but one of the sort of ironies of the show, and of the whole season, is that, Masters is endeavoring to pin down, scientifically, something that is ultimately very intangible. It's about the mystery of the human condition."
With Ethan being offered a position at UCLA and Masters professing his need for Virginia, season 2 promises a lot of drama and tension between the two doctors who are vying for one woman's love and affection. When Ethan proposed to Ginny and encouraged her to move with him to the east coast, Ginny did not provide any answer which give fans a lot to speculate for the upcoming season.
Showrunner Michelle Ashford also revealed that there will be time jumps for "Master of Sex" season 2, since it is vital to tell the whole story behind the sex researchers. The next logical step for the show is to follow the real life story where Masters and Johnson set up a shop at an independent research facility in 1964.
But working with Masters again could mean that Ginny will be leaving Dr. DePaul who will likely pass away from her ailing cancer. Timberman promises its fans that they won't see the ending of the series coming, so better watch out for more infos for "Masters of Sex" season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase