Rolling Stones Singer Mike Jagger’s Girlfriend L’Wren Scott Dead – Was it a Suicide?
By Sachin Trivedi | March 18, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Famous fashion designer and model L'Wren Scott was reportedly found hanging in her apartment. She was the girlfriend of popular Rolling Stones singer Mike Jagger, who is currently on a tour and is expected to perform in Perth, Australia on March 19.
Musician Mick Jagger and designer L'Wren Scott pose following her Fall/Winter 2012 collection during New York Fashion Week, February 16, 2012. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
According to a report by New York Daily News police believe the cause of death to be suicide but the investigation is still ongoing and her body has been sent for an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
Mike Jagger issued a statement that he was shocked and devastated by the news of L'Wren Scott's death. His spokesman reportedly said that the Rolling Stones singer was still dating her at the time of her death. Other reports however suggest that the two split up just before her death.
The main reason for her death is speculated to be her financial situation. She was reportedly in debt to the tune of over $6 million. Her body was found by her assistant who received a text message from L'Wren Scott, asking her to come by her apartment.
L'Wren Scott's assistant Brittany Penebre found her dead body in the apartment and immediately called 911 emergency services. She had used a black satin scarf to hang herself by tying it to the balcony door knob.
The news of her death may affect the current tour of Mike Jagger and the Rolling Stones in Australia. There has still not been any official word about the possibility of a cancellation of the tour.
The band recently completed their tour of Asia with Mike Jagger tweeting that he loved Abu Dhabi, Tokyo and China. He also tweeted his most recent performance in Singapore and posted a picture of him in Shanghai.
Fans have taken to the social media to express their shock and grief over the news. Many feel that L'Wren Scott should not be identified just as Mike Jagger's girlfriend as she had made a name for herself as a fashion designer.
L'Wren Scott's designs have been worn by celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Sandra Bullock. Her work was appreciated by people like Oprah Winfrey and First Lady Michelle Obama. She also designed costumes for the Rolling Stones in the Martin Scorsese documentary "Shine a Light."
Will Mike Jagger and the Rolling Stones continue their tour as planned? Or will the news of L'Wren Scott's death lead to cancellations? Some fans on the social media are already posting messages saying that they would understand if the tour gets cancelled.
More Articles to Read
Madonna Dresses as 'Game of Thrones'Character Daenerys Targaryen [Read]
Box Office - 'Need for Speed' Fails to Put the Brakes on 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' and '300' Sequel [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar