Connor Cruise Declares Love For Mum Nicole Kidman: Our Relationship Is Solid
By Anne Lu | March 18, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Connor Cruise’s relationship with mum Nicole Kidman is “solid,” Tom Cruise’s only son declared, disproving rumours that he is estranged with the Australian actress.
Connor and his older sister Isabella Cruise sided with their father after Nicole and Tom divorced in 2001. According to persistent reports, Connor and Isabella have a strained relationship with her because their ties to Church of Scientology prevent them from getting close to her.
However, speaking publicly for the first time about his adoptive mum, Connor refuted the rumours, calling their relationship “solid.”
“I love my mum,” the 19-year-old DJ told Woman’s Day in an exclusive interview.
“I don’t care what people say, I know that me and mum are solid. I love her a lot. My family means everything. Yeah, I love my music, but the family comes before everything else.”
Connor was recently in Australia, Nicole’s home country and which he calls his “second home.” While he resides in Los Angeles, Nicole lives in Nashville with second husband Keith Urban and their two daughters, Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret.
Nicole’s relationship with her adopted children has been a favourite tabloid fodder over the years. Her divorce settlement with Tom reportedly included giving up custody of their kids.
Also, according to several people previously associated with Scientology, members are forbidden to associate with those who left the controversial religion. Both Connor and Isabella have been raised as Scientologists, and with their mum a former member of the church, it was rumoured that they were told not to have constant communication with her.
In 2007, Nicole revealed that Connor and Isabella didn’t call her mummy anymore.
“The call me Nicole, which I hate and tell them off for it,” GMTV quoted her as saying.
In 2012, the usually private Isabella opened up about Nicole, also refuting their alleged strained relationship.
“I love mum,” she told RadarOnline.com. “She’s my mum. She’s great. I see her sometimes [in Nashville] and I speak to her.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales