Connor Cruise Declares Love For Mum Nicole Kidman: Our Relationship Is Solid
By Anne Lu | March 18, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Connor Cruise’s relationship with mum Nicole Kidman is “solid,” Tom Cruise’s only son declared, disproving rumours that he is estranged with the Australian actress.
Connor and his older sister Isabella Cruise sided with their father after Nicole and Tom divorced in 2001. According to persistent reports, Connor and Isabella have a strained relationship with her because their ties to Church of Scientology prevent them from getting close to her.
However, speaking publicly for the first time about his adoptive mum, Connor refuted the rumours, calling their relationship “solid.”
“I love my mum,” the 19-year-old DJ told Woman’s Day in an exclusive interview.
“I don’t care what people say, I know that me and mum are solid. I love her a lot. My family means everything. Yeah, I love my music, but the family comes before everything else.”
Connor was recently in Australia, Nicole’s home country and which he calls his “second home.” While he resides in Los Angeles, Nicole lives in Nashville with second husband Keith Urban and their two daughters, Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret.
Nicole’s relationship with her adopted children has been a favourite tabloid fodder over the years. Her divorce settlement with Tom reportedly included giving up custody of their kids.
Also, according to several people previously associated with Scientology, members are forbidden to associate with those who left the controversial religion. Both Connor and Isabella have been raised as Scientologists, and with their mum a former member of the church, it was rumoured that they were told not to have constant communication with her.
In 2007, Nicole revealed that Connor and Isabella didn’t call her mummy anymore.
“The call me Nicole, which I hate and tell them off for it,” GMTV quoted her as saying.
In 2012, the usually private Isabella opened up about Nicole, also refuting their alleged strained relationship.
“I love mum,” she told RadarOnline.com. “She’s my mum. She’s great. I see her sometimes [in Nashville] and I speak to her.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown