Connor Cruise Declares Love For Mum Nicole Kidman: Our Relationship Is Solid
By Anne Lu | March 18, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Connor Cruise’s relationship with mum Nicole Kidman is “solid,” Tom Cruise’s only son declared, disproving rumours that he is estranged with the Australian actress.
Connor and his older sister Isabella Cruise sided with their father after Nicole and Tom divorced in 2001. According to persistent reports, Connor and Isabella have a strained relationship with her because their ties to Church of Scientology prevent them from getting close to her.
However, speaking publicly for the first time about his adoptive mum, Connor refuted the rumours, calling their relationship “solid.”
“I love my mum,” the 19-year-old DJ told Woman’s Day in an exclusive interview.
“I don’t care what people say, I know that me and mum are solid. I love her a lot. My family means everything. Yeah, I love my music, but the family comes before everything else.”
Connor was recently in Australia, Nicole’s home country and which he calls his “second home.” While he resides in Los Angeles, Nicole lives in Nashville with second husband Keith Urban and their two daughters, Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret.
Nicole’s relationship with her adopted children has been a favourite tabloid fodder over the years. Her divorce settlement with Tom reportedly included giving up custody of their kids.
Also, according to several people previously associated with Scientology, members are forbidden to associate with those who left the controversial religion. Both Connor and Isabella have been raised as Scientologists, and with their mum a former member of the church, it was rumoured that they were told not to have constant communication with her.
In 2007, Nicole revealed that Connor and Isabella didn’t call her mummy anymore.
“The call me Nicole, which I hate and tell them off for it,” GMTV quoted her as saying.
In 2012, the usually private Isabella opened up about Nicole, also refuting their alleged strained relationship.
“I love mum,” she told RadarOnline.com. “She’s my mum. She’s great. I see her sometimes [in Nashville] and I speak to her.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories