Horrified Ecclestone for Lack of Noise
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 18, 2014 2:12 PM EST
According to race organizers, Formula One mogul, Bernie Ecclestone was horrified having heard no noise at the Australian Grand Prix.
Red Bull Formula One driver Mark Webber of Australia drives during the qualifying session of the Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix at the Yas Marina circuit on Yas Island, November 2, 2013.
The engines used in races have considerably got superior with the course of time. The Turbo-charged V6 engine replaced V8 engine at Alberta Park in Melbourne last weekend.
This change has made a considerable impact on the noise of the F1 cars. The new engine is designed to suppress the noise instead of V8 that used to produce lot of noise.
The reduction of sound also irked Australian Grand Prix chairman, Ron Walker. He claimed that the contract laid to host the event has not been followed with the reduction of noise level. He had further discussed this issue with chief executive Ecclestone and the F1 president.
Walker recently said in the The Age newspaper, "I was absolutely delighted with the whole weekend, but I was not too happy with the sound".
"We are resolving that with Bernie. It's clearly in breach of our contract. I was talking to him last night (Sunday) and it's not what we paid for. It's going to change."
"'He's horrified about it. It will be an issue for all promoters all round the world."
"We (the Grand Prix Corporation) are an entertainment company and we have to entertain the public."
"Everybody was talking about it. When you take the excitement away, you have trouble selling tickets. You have to create demand and part of that demand is people liking the noise of the race cars."
The Formula One races are known for their monstrous noise and that definitely creates an impact to the spectators. Lovers of F1 also seem somehow disappointed, as the lack of engine noise doesn't really create an impression on the circuit.
However, it will be interesting to watch what comes next with the noise factor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares