Horrified Ecclestone for Lack of Noise
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | March 18, 2014 2:12 PM EST
According to race organizers, Formula One mogul, Bernie Ecclestone was horrified having heard no noise at the Australian Grand Prix.
Red Bull Formula One driver Mark Webber of Australia drives during the qualifying session of the Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix at the Yas Marina circuit on Yas Island, November 2, 2013.
The engines used in races have considerably got superior with the course of time. The Turbo-charged V6 engine replaced V8 engine at Alberta Park in Melbourne last weekend.
This change has made a considerable impact on the noise of the F1 cars. The new engine is designed to suppress the noise instead of V8 that used to produce lot of noise.
The reduction of sound also irked Australian Grand Prix chairman, Ron Walker. He claimed that the contract laid to host the event has not been followed with the reduction of noise level. He had further discussed this issue with chief executive Ecclestone and the F1 president.
Walker recently said in the The Age newspaper, "I was absolutely delighted with the whole weekend, but I was not too happy with the sound".
"We are resolving that with Bernie. It's clearly in breach of our contract. I was talking to him last night (Sunday) and it's not what we paid for. It's going to change."
"'He's horrified about it. It will be an issue for all promoters all round the world."
"We (the Grand Prix Corporation) are an entertainment company and we have to entertain the public."
"Everybody was talking about it. When you take the excitement away, you have trouble selling tickets. You have to create demand and part of that demand is people liking the noise of the race cars."
The Formula One races are known for their monstrous noise and that definitely creates an impact to the spectators. Lovers of F1 also seem somehow disappointed, as the lack of engine noise doesn't really create an impression on the circuit.
However, it will be interesting to watch what comes next with the noise factor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015