Tennis World No. 1 Rafael Nadal to Play Poker Against Fans on Facebook
By James Patrick Quizon | March 18, 2014 2:09 PM EST
Tennis fans and poker enthusiasts will have a chance to yet again, serve an ace or two against Rafael Nadal.
The biggest online poker site in the world, PokerStars announced on Monday that the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World No. 1 will be playing poker against fans in the “Rafa vs. The World” play money game on the PokerStarsPlay Facebook App on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 from 8:30 to 9:30 pm AEDT.
Rafael Nadal of Spain bites his trophy after winning against Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine at the 2014 Rio Open men's final tennis match in Rio de Janeiro
The exclusive one-hour, free-to-play game will give the fans the opportunity to check-raise Nadal on the virtual felt as well as popular pro Daniel Negreanu, who will also give live commentary and advise during the vide webcast of the event.
“One of the great things about playing poker is that there are so many opportunities to play against different people, especially in the online environment,” stated Nadal in the PokerStars press release. “I’m a competitive person, so obviously I want to win, but I think it will be great fun too.”
This is the second time that the Spaniard will be playing poker against his fans. In February 2014, over 1,000 Spanish online poker players took turns in going head-to-head against one of the world’s best players today.
“Rafa’s poker knowledge and skill level has improved dramatically since he started learning the game. I’m looking forward to seeing if he can make this a hat-trick of wins, having already taken down the charity tournament at EPT Prague and beating players from across Spain,” shared Negreanu.
A prize will be donated to Care International or CARE is a global humanitarian federation of 14 member organizations which is among the leaders in fighting global poverty.
Viewers at home and online can watch the “Rafa vs. The World” poker event via PokerStars.tv, PokerStars Facebook App, and the PokerStars YouTube channel.
Nadal is known for his baseline winners on the tennis court, can he earn off aces on the virtual felt?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Believes Wilshere's Performance Against City Not Enough For Man Utd Legend Paul Scholes
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date