Sony Xperia Z2 April Official Release Won't Be Delay But Stocks Are Limited Due to High Demand
By Ryan Inoyori | March 18, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Sony Mobile dismissed the rumoured release delay of Xperia Z2 on April 2014. According to their UK PR, Xperia Z2 is coming out on schedule but currently getting strong demand across all distribution channels.
Sony Xperia Z2 on Schedule
Sony Mobile confirms that the Xperia Z2 is on schedule and no delays are going to happen, dispelling all the rumours. Sony UK PR team stated that the newest smartphone is currently getting high demands than anticipated in all distribution channels of the company.
"We're seeing particularly strong demand for Xperia Z2 across all of our distribution channels. As with all of our product launches, global rollout is phased across markets and channels. Consumers will be able to get Xperia Z2 in the UK starting from April," statement quoted by Xperia Blog.
UK online retailers such as Clove and Carphone Warehouse already posted pre-orders of the device and according to Clove's official Web site, consumers will have to wait till April 7th to get their Xperia Z2.
No More Pre-Orders for Now
As of the moment, Sony Mobile temporarily prevented pre-orders of Xperia Z2 on their official Sony Store Web site and removal of the "pre-order" button on the page.
If you check the site, only Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z2 Tablet are available for any deals while Xperia Z2 only brings you to Vodafone UK. Sony's official tweeter account somehow confirmed issues with current stock levels unable to accommodate all requests for pre-orders.
@reyaskcin Due to current stock levels, the Estore are currently not taking any more pre-orders at this moment in time.
— Sony Xperia GB (@sonyxperiagb) March 17, 2014
Due to the strong demand on all Sony's distribution channels, Xperia Z2 received temporarily halt on pre-orders from their e-store and consumers will need to find other ways to get the device before the global release.
Additionally, Sony Mobile France said that Xperia Z2 might be the victim of its own very success as it is probably the most desirable Sony Xperia smartphone ever made.
So far, there are no issues yet of stock limitations to the exclusive network carrier of Sony in the United States - T-Mobile. Sony Xperia Z1S is currently the flagship Xperia device in the region and would likely to be replaced by Xperia Z2 in April.
With all of these issues and stock limitations, it seems like Sony has a long fight with Samsung's Galaxy S5 having the same releasing time next month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date