The Weird Things Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley Do
By charmaine corne clutton | March 18, 2014 1:43 PM EST
These two women are breaking the common beliefs on how Hollywood A-listers, especially how women should act like. These women are starting their own era of strong and happy women content in their own skin. First off is Jennifer Lawrence who talks about weight issues.
The "Hunger Games" star has long battled weight problems because she was a woman who wasn't paper thin. Lawrence had told magazines that she hated going on diets and one thing she loved to do was to eat.
"In Hollywood, I'm obese. I'm considered a fat actress, I'm Val Kilmer in that one picture on the beach," stated the star.
On "Entertainment Weekly," "The Hunger Games," star had said:
"I'm never going to starve myself for a part. I don't want little girls to be like, 'Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner!' [...]I was trying to get my body to look fit and strong, not thin and underfed."
Now, it's not just JLaw that's taking Hollywood by storm but also actress Shailene Woodley. The star has been said to follow her own beliefs such as not wanting any Photostop done on her and not wanting to wear any makeup if needed.
The "Divergent" star has also opened up to "In the Gloss," saying that she likes to give her vagina a bit of Vitamin D whenever possible. This would mean spreading her legs in order for the sunlight to reach the always covered parts of her body. The actress also said that eating clay is good for the body.
What can we say, it seems like Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley surely make a tandem in Hollywood showing that women can be independent, strong in their own beliefs and successful at the same time. The first part of the third book of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," will be released later this year. On the other hand, "Divergent," another bestselling book will be released this coming month and people are excited to watch it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools