Chilling Infant Graveyard from Secret Child Births Found in Queensland
By Athena Yenko | March 18, 2014 12:55 PM EST
On Monday, police found a home graveyard inside a family's property near Gin Gin in southern Queensland. Excavated bones were from infants believed to be born between the late 1990s and 2000s. Police believed that these infants were fruit of secret child births which motive remained under investigation.
On Tuesday, police continued their digging. It is believed that more infant bones were excavated, but the police chose to remain mum as it constitutes sensitive investigation.
"We're talking about children who have been born, and you can draw your own conclusions from the fact that we're doing an excavation on the property, but I'm not prepared to go into any further details in relation to the ins and outs of what it is. As you can understand, it's quite a sensitive investigation," Detective Inspector Mick Dowie from the cold case homicide unit told ABC.
The excavation and investigation in the property is expected to continue for several days as officials investigate families nearby the property.
"We will be interviewing a number of people in this area over the coming days to try to establish whether there is any evidence to corroborate the evidence that we have. We know who we need to talk to. That will be linked, obviously, to evidence that we discover as a result of the crime examination," Mr Dowie added.
Mr Dowie mentioned that through preliminary questioning around neighbours it can be concluded that the concealed child births are connected to the previous owners of the property.
The property is now being rented and the family renting are being cooperative with the police.
"We'll have a crime scene examination and we'll determine what, if any, offences have occurred once we consider all the information and any evidence that we may find," Mr Dowie added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports