Designer L'Wren Scott Dead, Body Found Hanging in Manhattan Apartment
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 18, 2014 10:23 AM EST
L'Wren Scott, the renowned fashion designer who has been equally famous for her romantic liaison with Mick Jagger, was discovered in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. She was found hanged to death, and the cause of death appears to be suicide, according to police sources. Ms Scott was 47.
A lone bouquet of flowers sits on the ground outside the building of designer L'Wren Scott in the Manhattan borough of New York, March 17, 2014. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on Monday from an apparent suicide, according to a law enforcement official.
ABC News reported that authorities claim that police had been called to her apartment in Chelsea at 10:05 am. Thereafter, Scott's lifeless body was discovered. It was hanging from a scarf on a doorknob, New York Daily News reported. She was found by her assistant. A medical examiner is going to determine how Ms Scott passed away.
Ms Scott, in addition to her extremely successful career in fashion, was equally famous for being the love interest of the Rolling Stone singer Jagger for over a decade. According to ABC News, Mr Jagger's spokesperson has informed that the singer is "shocked" as well as "devastated."
The duo met for the first time in 2001. Ms Scott's career as a model began in Paris after she had graduated high school in Utah. Ms Scott posed for some of the most notable brands such as Chanel and Thierry Mugler. Thereafter, she moved to California and pursued her career as a stylist.
Ms Scott sent a text message to her assistant at 8:30 am. She asked her to come to her apartment. However, when the assistant arrived at Ms Scott's apartment, she found the latter's lifeless body hanging. She immediately called 911.
Ms Scott's career as a fashion designer and stylist has been quite illustrious as top celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker, Penelope Cruz and Nicole Kidman wore her clothes. Most of them wore Ms Scott's designs at the Oscars. There are several other high profile celebs who wore Ms Scott's design. The top names include Sandra Bullock, Christina Hendricks, Reese Witherspoon and Michelle Obama.
Earlier in February,Ms Scott announced that she would not be a part of the London Fashion Week as she cancelled her show. Ms Scott designed for some of the much appreciated movies like Diabolique, Eyes Wide Shut, Ocean's Thirteen and Shine a Light. She also designed a documentary on The Rolling Stones, directed by Martin Scorsese.
No suicide note has been found, but police do not suspect any foul play.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Robert Pattinson Allegedly Overheard Hating Kristen Stewart's Short Hair, Link to Being Lesbian - Reports
- Harry Styles and Paige Reifler Allegedly Back Together
- Kim Kardashian Allegedly Snubs Vogue Editor Anna Wintour in her Game Kim Kardashian Hollywood
- Hot German Model Andre Hamann Serenades Birthday Girl Selena with Kings of Leon Song
- Kate Middleton Wears Green Tea Dress To Celebrate Prince George's Birthday: Where To Get The Dress
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales