Designer L'Wren Scott Dead, Body Found Hanging in Manhattan Apartment
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 18, 2014 10:23 AM EST
L'Wren Scott, the renowned fashion designer who has been equally famous for her romantic liaison with Mick Jagger, was discovered in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. She was found hanged to death, and the cause of death appears to be suicide, according to police sources. Ms Scott was 47.
A lone bouquet of flowers sits on the ground outside the building of designer L'Wren Scott in the Manhattan borough of New York, March 17, 2014. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on Monday from an apparent suicide, according to a law enforcement official.
ABC News reported that authorities claim that police had been called to her apartment in Chelsea at 10:05 am. Thereafter, Scott's lifeless body was discovered. It was hanging from a scarf on a doorknob, New York Daily News reported. She was found by her assistant. A medical examiner is going to determine how Ms Scott passed away.
Ms Scott, in addition to her extremely successful career in fashion, was equally famous for being the love interest of the Rolling Stone singer Jagger for over a decade. According to ABC News, Mr Jagger's spokesperson has informed that the singer is "shocked" as well as "devastated."
The duo met for the first time in 2001. Ms Scott's career as a model began in Paris after she had graduated high school in Utah. Ms Scott posed for some of the most notable brands such as Chanel and Thierry Mugler. Thereafter, she moved to California and pursued her career as a stylist.
Ms Scott sent a text message to her assistant at 8:30 am. She asked her to come to her apartment. However, when the assistant arrived at Ms Scott's apartment, she found the latter's lifeless body hanging. She immediately called 911.
Ms Scott's career as a fashion designer and stylist has been quite illustrious as top celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker, Penelope Cruz and Nicole Kidman wore her clothes. Most of them wore Ms Scott's designs at the Oscars. There are several other high profile celebs who wore Ms Scott's design. The top names include Sandra Bullock, Christina Hendricks, Reese Witherspoon and Michelle Obama.
Earlier in February,Ms Scott announced that she would not be a part of the London Fashion Week as she cancelled her show. Ms Scott designed for some of the much appreciated movies like Diabolique, Eyes Wide Shut, Ocean's Thirteen and Shine a Light. She also designed a documentary on The Rolling Stones, directed by Martin Scorsese.
No suicide note has been found, but police do not suspect any foul play.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Claims Family Name Almost Closed All Doors to Modelling Career
- Kendall Jenner's Latest Guy, Chandler Parsons, Already Has a Girlfriend; Top Interesting Facts About the NBA Player
- Kendall Jenner Talks Posing Topless for Love Magazine: 'It's not weird in any way'
- Kendall Jenner Moves on with NBA Hunk Chandler Parsons, Harry Styles Becomes Serious with Paige Reifler
- Justin Bieber Vs Cara Delevingne: Justin Calls Cara Multiple Times to Know About Her Relation with Selena Gomez - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies