Designer L'Wren Scott Dead, Body Found Hanging in Manhattan Apartment
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 18, 2014 10:23 AM EST
L'Wren Scott, the renowned fashion designer who has been equally famous for her romantic liaison with Mick Jagger, was discovered in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. She was found hanged to death, and the cause of death appears to be suicide, according to police sources. Ms Scott was 47.
A lone bouquet of flowers sits on the ground outside the building of designer L'Wren Scott in the Manhattan borough of New York, March 17, 2014. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on Monday from an apparent suicide, according to a law enforcement official.
ABC News reported that authorities claim that police had been called to her apartment in Chelsea at 10:05 am. Thereafter, Scott's lifeless body was discovered. It was hanging from a scarf on a doorknob, New York Daily News reported. She was found by her assistant. A medical examiner is going to determine how Ms Scott passed away.
Ms Scott, in addition to her extremely successful career in fashion, was equally famous for being the love interest of the Rolling Stone singer Jagger for over a decade. According to ABC News, Mr Jagger's spokesperson has informed that the singer is "shocked" as well as "devastated."
The duo met for the first time in 2001. Ms Scott's career as a model began in Paris after she had graduated high school in Utah. Ms Scott posed for some of the most notable brands such as Chanel and Thierry Mugler. Thereafter, she moved to California and pursued her career as a stylist.
Ms Scott sent a text message to her assistant at 8:30 am. She asked her to come to her apartment. However, when the assistant arrived at Ms Scott's apartment, she found the latter's lifeless body hanging. She immediately called 911.
Ms Scott's career as a fashion designer and stylist has been quite illustrious as top celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker, Penelope Cruz and Nicole Kidman wore her clothes. Most of them wore Ms Scott's designs at the Oscars. There are several other high profile celebs who wore Ms Scott's design. The top names include Sandra Bullock, Christina Hendricks, Reese Witherspoon and Michelle Obama.
Earlier in February,Ms Scott announced that she would not be a part of the London Fashion Week as she cancelled her show. Ms Scott designed for some of the much appreciated movies like Diabolique, Eyes Wide Shut, Ocean's Thirteen and Shine a Light. She also designed a documentary on The Rolling Stones, directed by Martin Scorsese.
No suicide note has been found, but police do not suspect any foul play.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Karl Lagerfeld Model Kendall Jenner: 'I Am Workaholic, Competitive And Picky'
- Jennifer Aniston Says Kim Kardashian Copied Her Idea Of Naked Bums Photo, She Did It First
- Beauty Secrets Of Jennifer Lopez Revealed As Singer Gears Up For American Music Awards
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- Ryan Gosling Turned Down 'Sexiest Man Alive' Title, Feels He Is 'Too Serious' For It
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan