Designer L'Wren Scott Dead, Body Found Hanging in Manhattan Apartment
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | March 18, 2014 10:23 AM EST
L'Wren Scott, the renowned fashion designer who has been equally famous for her romantic liaison with Mick Jagger, was discovered in her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. She was found hanged to death, and the cause of death appears to be suicide, according to police sources. Ms Scott was 47.
A lone bouquet of flowers sits on the ground outside the building of designer L'Wren Scott in the Manhattan borough of New York, March 17, 2014. Fashion designer L'Wren Scott, the girlfriend of Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger, was found dead in her New York apartment on Monday from an apparent suicide, according to a law enforcement official.
ABC News reported that authorities claim that police had been called to her apartment in Chelsea at 10:05 am. Thereafter, Scott's lifeless body was discovered. It was hanging from a scarf on a doorknob, New York Daily News reported. She was found by her assistant. A medical examiner is going to determine how Ms Scott passed away.
Ms Scott, in addition to her extremely successful career in fashion, was equally famous for being the love interest of the Rolling Stone singer Jagger for over a decade. According to ABC News, Mr Jagger's spokesperson has informed that the singer is "shocked" as well as "devastated."
The duo met for the first time in 2001. Ms Scott's career as a model began in Paris after she had graduated high school in Utah. Ms Scott posed for some of the most notable brands such as Chanel and Thierry Mugler. Thereafter, she moved to California and pursued her career as a stylist.
Ms Scott sent a text message to her assistant at 8:30 am. She asked her to come to her apartment. However, when the assistant arrived at Ms Scott's apartment, she found the latter's lifeless body hanging. She immediately called 911.
Ms Scott's career as a fashion designer and stylist has been quite illustrious as top celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Sarah Jessica Parker, Penelope Cruz and Nicole Kidman wore her clothes. Most of them wore Ms Scott's designs at the Oscars. There are several other high profile celebs who wore Ms Scott's design. The top names include Sandra Bullock, Christina Hendricks, Reese Witherspoon and Michelle Obama.
Earlier in February,Ms Scott announced that she would not be a part of the London Fashion Week as she cancelled her show. Ms Scott designed for some of the much appreciated movies like Diabolique, Eyes Wide Shut, Ocean's Thirteen and Shine a Light. She also designed a documentary on The Rolling Stones, directed by Martin Scorsese.
No suicide note has been found, but police do not suspect any foul play.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Twerks, Smokes And Shows Off Her Exotic Dance In Skin-Coloured Bikini On A Recent Holiday In Italy
- Beyonce Knowles Goes Topless For New Pictures, Shows Major Cleavage And Legs
- Miley Cyrus Poses Completely Naked In New Shocking Pictures Said That Social Media Is Harmful For Brain
- Adidas has Covered its New Trainers in Mud as Part of Distressed Fashion
- Arthur George By Rob Kardashian Now Available In Colette Paris
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged