Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao’s Sparring Partner Predicts Manny Will KO Bradley in Round 5
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 18, 2014 9:38 AM EST
More boxers continue to predict that eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao will be the victor in his rematch with American pugilist Timothy Bradley on April 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Manny Pacquiao will square off with Brandon Rios on November 23. [Reuters]
The fearless forecast of his sparring partner, 19-year-old junior welterweight prospect Julian Rodriguez, is that Manny would KO Bradley during the 5th round.
Rodriguez, who sparred with Pacquiao for four rounds on Saturday afternoon at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles, California, said, quoted by Rappler, "I've been watching and listening to the things that [Pacquiao's trainer] Freddie Roach is telling Manny to do, and it's really technical. Freddie is a great coach, and I think as long as Manny follows the game plan, he'll KO Bradley in 5."
He noted Pacquiao's speed and heavy hand as well as punches that have good snap.
Manny's other sparring partner is Lydell Rhodes of Oklahoma who was already with the Pacquiao camp in General Santos City.
Bradley is also training in South California, under the wings of Joel Diaz.
Another former world champion who picked Pacquiao as the winner of the rematch is Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto, whom the Filipino champ beat in 2009. Cotto is now part of Roach's stable of boxers.
Cotto said, quoted by Hustle Boss, "I think Pacquiao is going to capitalize on all the mistakes he [Bradley] makes in this fight ... I'm going with Pacquiao for the fight."
Cotto, who is slated to fight Argentinean boxer Sergio Martinez on June 19, said it is unlikely he would have a rematch with Pacquiao.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related