Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao’s Sparring Partner Predicts Manny Will KO Bradley in Round 5
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 18, 2014 9:38 AM EST
More boxers continue to predict that eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao will be the victor in his rematch with American pugilist Timothy Bradley on April 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Manny Pacquiao will square off with Brandon Rios on November 23. [Reuters]
The fearless forecast of his sparring partner, 19-year-old junior welterweight prospect Julian Rodriguez, is that Manny would KO Bradley during the 5th round.
Rodriguez, who sparred with Pacquiao for four rounds on Saturday afternoon at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles, California, said, quoted by Rappler, "I've been watching and listening to the things that [Pacquiao's trainer] Freddie Roach is telling Manny to do, and it's really technical. Freddie is a great coach, and I think as long as Manny follows the game plan, he'll KO Bradley in 5."
He noted Pacquiao's speed and heavy hand as well as punches that have good snap.
Manny's other sparring partner is Lydell Rhodes of Oklahoma who was already with the Pacquiao camp in General Santos City.
Bradley is also training in South California, under the wings of Joel Diaz.
Another former world champion who picked Pacquiao as the winner of the rematch is Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto, whom the Filipino champ beat in 2009. Cotto is now part of Roach's stable of boxers.
Cotto said, quoted by Hustle Boss, "I think Pacquiao is going to capitalize on all the mistakes he [Bradley] makes in this fight ... I'm going with Pacquiao for the fight."
Cotto, who is slated to fight Argentinean boxer Sergio Martinez on June 19, said it is unlikely he would have a rematch with Pacquiao.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]