Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao’s Sparring Partner Predicts Manny Will KO Bradley in Round 5
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 18, 2014 9:38 AM EST
More boxers continue to predict that eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao will be the victor in his rematch with American pugilist Timothy Bradley on April 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Manny Pacquiao will square off with Brandon Rios on November 23. [Reuters]
The fearless forecast of his sparring partner, 19-year-old junior welterweight prospect Julian Rodriguez, is that Manny would KO Bradley during the 5th round.
Rodriguez, who sparred with Pacquiao for four rounds on Saturday afternoon at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles, California, said, quoted by Rappler, "I've been watching and listening to the things that [Pacquiao's trainer] Freddie Roach is telling Manny to do, and it's really technical. Freddie is a great coach, and I think as long as Manny follows the game plan, he'll KO Bradley in 5."
He noted Pacquiao's speed and heavy hand as well as punches that have good snap.
Manny's other sparring partner is Lydell Rhodes of Oklahoma who was already with the Pacquiao camp in General Santos City.
Bradley is also training in South California, under the wings of Joel Diaz.
Another former world champion who picked Pacquiao as the winner of the rematch is Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto, whom the Filipino champ beat in 2009. Cotto is now part of Roach's stable of boxers.
Cotto said, quoted by Hustle Boss, "I think Pacquiao is going to capitalize on all the mistakes he [Bradley] makes in this fight ... I'm going with Pacquiao for the fight."
Cotto, who is slated to fight Argentinean boxer Sergio Martinez on June 19, said it is unlikely he would have a rematch with Pacquiao.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch