Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao’s Sparring Partner Predicts Manny Will KO Bradley in Round 5
By Vittorio Hernandez | March 18, 2014 9:38 AM EST
More boxers continue to predict that eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao will be the victor in his rematch with American pugilist Timothy Bradley on April 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Manny Pacquiao will square off with Brandon Rios on November 23. [Reuters]
The fearless forecast of his sparring partner, 19-year-old junior welterweight prospect Julian Rodriguez, is that Manny would KO Bradley during the 5th round.
Rodriguez, who sparred with Pacquiao for four rounds on Saturday afternoon at the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles, California, said, quoted by Rappler, "I've been watching and listening to the things that [Pacquiao's trainer] Freddie Roach is telling Manny to do, and it's really technical. Freddie is a great coach, and I think as long as Manny follows the game plan, he'll KO Bradley in 5."
He noted Pacquiao's speed and heavy hand as well as punches that have good snap.
Manny's other sparring partner is Lydell Rhodes of Oklahoma who was already with the Pacquiao camp in General Santos City.
Bradley is also training in South California, under the wings of Joel Diaz.
Another former world champion who picked Pacquiao as the winner of the rematch is Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto, whom the Filipino champ beat in 2009. Cotto is now part of Roach's stable of boxers.
Cotto said, quoted by Hustle Boss, "I think Pacquiao is going to capitalize on all the mistakes he [Bradley] makes in this fight ... I'm going with Pacquiao for the fight."
Cotto, who is slated to fight Argentinean boxer Sergio Martinez on June 19, said it is unlikely he would have a rematch with Pacquiao.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage