Liverpool FC Transfer News: Bayern Winger will Listen to Reds’ Offer; Napoli, Juve, and Gladbach also Considered
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 18, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri indicated that he is willing to listen to what reportedly interested club Liverpool has to offer.
"I am feeling good in Munich but as a player you have to listen, if one of these top clubs is interested." - Xherdan Shaqiri
The Swiss international is finding it hard to establish himself as a regular starter for the Bavaria based club this season, with the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, and Mario Gotze positioned at the top of the pecking order to play the flanks.
Shaqiri has been generally used as a substitute in the Bundesliga and the Champions League in this year's campaign under the watch of Die Roten boss Josep Guardiola.
Along with the Reds, Napoli, Juventus, and Borussia Monchengladbach are also linked with the 22-year-old playmaker, who did not rule out the possibility of donning a different uniform in the upcoming transfer window.
"When you hear these names, of course you have to listen to the offer, but there is nothing concrete. I cannot say anything to this. I am feeling good in Munich but as a player you have to listen, if one of these top clubs is interested," Shaqiri told Goal.
"I hear the interest from Borussia Moenchengladbach for the first time. You have to ask Gladbach. I cannot say anything."
"Bundesliga is the best league for me, but I also like the Premier League and Serie A. In Serie A many teams have developed well with nice players."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS