Liverpool FC Transfer News: Bayern Winger will Listen to Reds’ Offer; Napoli, Juve, and Gladbach also Considered
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 18, 2014 4:36 AM EST
Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri indicated that he is willing to listen to what reportedly interested club Liverpool has to offer.
"I am feeling good in Munich but as a player you have to listen, if one of these top clubs is interested." - Xherdan Shaqiri
The Swiss international is finding it hard to establish himself as a regular starter for the Bavaria based club this season, with the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, and Mario Gotze positioned at the top of the pecking order to play the flanks.
Shaqiri has been generally used as a substitute in the Bundesliga and the Champions League in this year's campaign under the watch of Die Roten boss Josep Guardiola.
Along with the Reds, Napoli, Juventus, and Borussia Monchengladbach are also linked with the 22-year-old playmaker, who did not rule out the possibility of donning a different uniform in the upcoming transfer window.
"When you hear these names, of course you have to listen to the offer, but there is nothing concrete. I cannot say anything to this. I am feeling good in Munich but as a player you have to listen, if one of these top clubs is interested," Shaqiri told Goal.
"I hear the interest from Borussia Moenchengladbach for the first time. You have to ask Gladbach. I cannot say anything."
"Bundesliga is the best league for me, but I also like the Premier League and Serie A. In Serie A many teams have developed well with nice players."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People