Man with 132 Pound Scrotum Dies of Suspected Heart Attack
By Parismita Goswami | March 18, 2014 3:38 AM EST
Wesley Warren, the man with a 132 pound scrotum, died on Friday 14 March, after suffering from a massive heart attack. He was known as the man with the 10-stone testicles.
The 49-year-old from Las Vegas passed away at the University Medical Center after complaining about a series of diabetes related infections.
Warren had long suffered from scrotal lymphedema, a rare disease that swelled his testicles with fluid, for which he underwent a surgery in 2013, where doctors removed his 132 lb of tissues in a 13-hour long operation.
Back in 2008, Warren had injured his right testicle, which eventually swelled, making him bedridden and unable to work. Warren gained fame after appearing in a documentary that featured his oversized organ. The documentary was telecast in Britain under the name 'The Man with the 10-stone Testicles'. He was also a guest on The Howard Stern Show and "Comedy Central".
He quickly began receiving offers from people. He noted that living a life with such difficulty is very challenging. "I couldn't get on a plane. I was too big to fit in an airplane restroom," said Warren.
Before his surgery, Warren used to wear hooded sweatshirts upside down in order to cover his scrotum. He reportedly suffered multiple heart attacks last week at the University Medical Centre in Las Vegas.
Doctors are unsure as to what actually caused Warren's condition. They refused to believe that his condition was due to an injury. Diagnosis of his testicles suggested that the condition was transmitted by a mosquito that originated from Asia, Central America or Africa, where Warren had never been to.
It is also unclear if the cause of death is related to the 132 pound scrotum and the surgery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop