Man with 132 Pound Scrotum Dies of Suspected Heart Attack
By Parismita Goswami | March 18, 2014 3:38 AM EST
Wesley Warren, the man with a 132 pound scrotum, died on Friday 14 March, after suffering from a massive heart attack. He was known as the man with the 10-stone testicles.
The 49-year-old from Las Vegas passed away at the University Medical Center after complaining about a series of diabetes related infections.
Warren had long suffered from scrotal lymphedema, a rare disease that swelled his testicles with fluid, for which he underwent a surgery in 2013, where doctors removed his 132 lb of tissues in a 13-hour long operation.
Back in 2008, Warren had injured his right testicle, which eventually swelled, making him bedridden and unable to work. Warren gained fame after appearing in a documentary that featured his oversized organ. The documentary was telecast in Britain under the name 'The Man with the 10-stone Testicles'. He was also a guest on The Howard Stern Show and "Comedy Central".
He quickly began receiving offers from people. He noted that living a life with such difficulty is very challenging. "I couldn't get on a plane. I was too big to fit in an airplane restroom," said Warren.
Before his surgery, Warren used to wear hooded sweatshirts upside down in order to cover his scrotum. He reportedly suffered multiple heart attacks last week at the University Medical Centre in Las Vegas.
Doctors are unsure as to what actually caused Warren's condition. They refused to believe that his condition was due to an injury. Diagnosis of his testicles suggested that the condition was transmitted by a mosquito that originated from Asia, Central America or Africa, where Warren had never been to.
It is also unclear if the cause of death is related to the 132 pound scrotum and the surgery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- NASA Astronomers Unearths Mysterious Signal That 'Could Not Be Explained By Known Physics' [Watch Video]
- Industrial Air Pollution May Help Search for Alien Life - Scientists
- Luxury Cruise: A 'Once In A Lifetime' Trip To Experience Environment Devastation in the Arctic
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet