Rahul Gandhi to Marry a 'Suitable Girl'
By Rama Mohan | March 17, 2014 11:24 PM EST
At last, Rahul Gandhi, the prince from India's first family and Congress vice-president, has said that he will marry once he finds a right girl. His 10-year younger cousin Varun Gandhi has already married two years ago to a graphic designer Inca Yamini Roy. "This is a question that comes all the time. Right now, I am engaged in fighting the elections. Unfortunately, I have not been focused on private life," he replied when PTI asked when he has intended to get married.
Rahul did not tell anything about his girl friends very recently. But, he had said in 2004 that he proposed to a girl friend in England. "My girlfriend's name is Veronique not Juanita. She is Spanish and not Venezuelan or Colombian. She is an architect, not a waitress, though I would not have had a problem with that. She is also my best friend," quoted Indian Express. He said that they met in the University in England.
When asked about his hobbies, the 43-year-old bachelor says that he reads a lot of non-fiction whenever he gets time. He reads history, geography, political affairs, a lot about the Middle East, Afghanistan, Pakistan and China.
He said that his younger sister Priyanka Gandhi watches a lot of Hindi cinemas, whereas, he do not watch much of the Bollywood movies. When asked about his favourite movie hero or heroines, he replied that he has none, though he appreciates all good performances.
While launching his new party, Telugu cinema actor Pawan Kalyan asked, "Rahul is unmarried, but is he a Brahmachari?"
Rahul Gandhi is the scion of Nehru-Gandhi family. His great-grand father Jawaharlal Nehru, grandmother Indira Gandhi and his father Rajiv Gandhi have served as Prime Ministers of India. And now, India may get fourth person from the same family to the PM's post if the Congress party wins the ensuing April-May Lok Sabha 2014 elections.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Canada Claims Good Progress in EU Trade Pact Despite Germany’s Defiant Postures
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell