Rahul Gandhi to Marry a 'Suitable Girl'
By Rama Mohan | March 17, 2014 11:24 PM EST
At last, Rahul Gandhi, the prince from India's first family and Congress vice-president, has said that he will marry once he finds a right girl. His 10-year younger cousin Varun Gandhi has already married two years ago to a graphic designer Inca Yamini Roy. "This is a question that comes all the time. Right now, I am engaged in fighting the elections. Unfortunately, I have not been focused on private life," he replied when PTI asked when he has intended to get married.
Rahul did not tell anything about his girl friends very recently. But, he had said in 2004 that he proposed to a girl friend in England. "My girlfriend's name is Veronique not Juanita. She is Spanish and not Venezuelan or Colombian. She is an architect, not a waitress, though I would not have had a problem with that. She is also my best friend," quoted Indian Express. He said that they met in the University in England.
When asked about his hobbies, the 43-year-old bachelor says that he reads a lot of non-fiction whenever he gets time. He reads history, geography, political affairs, a lot about the Middle East, Afghanistan, Pakistan and China.
He said that his younger sister Priyanka Gandhi watches a lot of Hindi cinemas, whereas, he do not watch much of the Bollywood movies. When asked about his favourite movie hero or heroines, he replied that he has none, though he appreciates all good performances.
While launching his new party, Telugu cinema actor Pawan Kalyan asked, "Rahul is unmarried, but is he a Brahmachari?"
Rahul Gandhi is the scion of Nehru-Gandhi family. His great-grand father Jawaharlal Nehru, grandmother Indira Gandhi and his father Rajiv Gandhi have served as Prime Ministers of India. And now, India may get fourth person from the same family to the PM's post if the Congress party wins the ensuing April-May Lok Sabha 2014 elections.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones