HTC One 2 Release Date: Will it Arrive Before Samsung Galaxy S5?
By Raymond Ronamai | March 17, 2014 10:45 PM EST
The much-hyped HTC One 2, which is also known by several names like HTC One Up, All New HTC One and HTC one Plus, is all set for unveiling on 25 March and is expected to release two weeks later, a few days before Samsung Galaxy S5 hits the stands.
@evleaks Twitter Page
HTC One 2
HTC One 2, codenamed M8 will be released ahead of Galaxy S5, if latest reports have anything to go by. Samsung's flagship smartphone, which was unveiled on 24 February, will be released in 150 countries on 11 April, whereas HTC One successor is expected for release before 10 April.
"The all new HTC One is launching 2 weeks after the 25th event in 110 countries around the world. Big thanks to @MHielal," HTCFamily.ru had tweeted earlier.
Interestingly, HTC had earlier tweeted that the gadget lovers would regret if they buy Galaxy S5 before the release of HTC One 2, a sequel to HTC One, which won 'Best Smartphone of 2013' award at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress (MWC 2014) in Barcelona.
Meanwhile, there are conflicting reports on the features and specifications of HTC flagship smartphone. A section of the media reported that it will sport a 4.7 inch screen display (Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI), some said 5.1 inch screen with no physical button, while the latest report claimed that it will have 5.0-inch full HD (1920x1080p) display with 440 ppi and scratch-resistant sheet. It is not sure if the device will house a 2900mAh or a 3000 mAh battery.
HTC One 2 is expected to be powered by a quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU and 2 GB RAM, run on Android 4.4 KitKat and have 4MP front camera. It is also expected to come with HTC's Sense 6 user interface pre-installed.
The device will reportedly have features like Knock On gesture-control feature, BoomSound speakers and microSD card slot among others. @evleaks had earlier revealed pictures of the HTC One 2's pin-hole cases, hinting that the cover might show weather, time and other real-time information. The Twitter tipster also claimed that the device will be released as a Google Play Edition like its predecessor.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports