BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Launched in India; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | March 17, 2014 9:13 PM EST
German carmaker BMW rolled out its fist locally produced BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, with a price tag of 42.75 lakh.
"The all-new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo launched in Chennai at BMW exclusive dealership KUN Exclusive in city," the company said in a statement.
The new coupe of BMW, which flashes sporty and elegant look, is offered with diesel engine. The BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo packs 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm. The car can accelerate 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph.
"...the all-new BMW 3Series Gran Turismo combines the sporty yet elegant character of a coupe with high functionality and versatile interior," PTI quoted BMW Group India President Philipp von Sahr.
The car is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai. It comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
On the exterior front, the car accommodates 45.72 cm (18 inches) Multi-spoke, Air Breather in Chrome, chrome elements in rear bumper, side window frames in Chrome and tailpipe trim in Chrome. The car will be offered in Alpine White, Glacier Silver, Black Sapphire, Mineral Grey, Imperial Blue and Sparkling Brown.
BMW is rumoured to launch its 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe on 3 April. The vehicle, which is expected to take on the Audi RS7 and the Mercedes CLS63 AMG, will come with 4.4-litre V8 motor, reported Motoroids. The engine claims to deliver a power of 568 PS and peak torque of 678 Nm. The car is speculated to fall at a price point of 1.5 crore in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery