BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Launched in India; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | March 17, 2014 9:13 PM EST
German carmaker BMW rolled out its fist locally produced BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, with a price tag of 42.75 lakh.
"The all-new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo launched in Chennai at BMW exclusive dealership KUN Exclusive in city," the company said in a statement.
The new coupe of BMW, which flashes sporty and elegant look, is offered with diesel engine. The BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo packs 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm. The car can accelerate 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph.
"...the all-new BMW 3Series Gran Turismo combines the sporty yet elegant character of a coupe with high functionality and versatile interior," PTI quoted BMW Group India President Philipp von Sahr.
The car is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai. It comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
On the exterior front, the car accommodates 45.72 cm (18 inches) Multi-spoke, Air Breather in Chrome, chrome elements in rear bumper, side window frames in Chrome and tailpipe trim in Chrome. The car will be offered in Alpine White, Glacier Silver, Black Sapphire, Mineral Grey, Imperial Blue and Sparkling Brown.
BMW is rumoured to launch its 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe on 3 April. The vehicle, which is expected to take on the Audi RS7 and the Mercedes CLS63 AMG, will come with 4.4-litre V8 motor, reported Motoroids. The engine claims to deliver a power of 568 PS and peak torque of 678 Nm. The car is speculated to fall at a price point of 1.5 crore in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal