BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Launched in India; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | March 17, 2014 9:13 PM EST
German carmaker BMW rolled out its fist locally produced BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, with a price tag of 42.75 lakh.
"The all-new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo launched in Chennai at BMW exclusive dealership KUN Exclusive in city," the company said in a statement.
The new coupe of BMW, which flashes sporty and elegant look, is offered with diesel engine. The BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo packs 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm. The car can accelerate 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph.
"...the all-new BMW 3Series Gran Turismo combines the sporty yet elegant character of a coupe with high functionality and versatile interior," PTI quoted BMW Group India President Philipp von Sahr.
The car is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai. It comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
On the exterior front, the car accommodates 45.72 cm (18 inches) Multi-spoke, Air Breather in Chrome, chrome elements in rear bumper, side window frames in Chrome and tailpipe trim in Chrome. The car will be offered in Alpine White, Glacier Silver, Black Sapphire, Mineral Grey, Imperial Blue and Sparkling Brown.
BMW is rumoured to launch its 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe on 3 April. The vehicle, which is expected to take on the Audi RS7 and the Mercedes CLS63 AMG, will come with 4.4-litre V8 motor, reported Motoroids. The engine claims to deliver a power of 568 PS and peak torque of 678 Nm. The car is speculated to fall at a price point of 1.5 crore in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia