BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Launched in India; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | March 17, 2014 9:13 PM EST
German carmaker BMW rolled out its fist locally produced BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, with a price tag of 42.75 lakh.
"The all-new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo launched in Chennai at BMW exclusive dealership KUN Exclusive in city," the company said in a statement.
The new coupe of BMW, which flashes sporty and elegant look, is offered with diesel engine. The BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo packs 2.0-litre BMW Twinpower turbo four cylinder diesel engine, which can churn out a power of 184 bhp at 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 380 Nm. The car can accelerate 0 to 100kmph in 7.9 seconds and can attain a top speed of 226 kmph.
"...the all-new BMW 3Series Gran Turismo combines the sporty yet elegant character of a coupe with high functionality and versatile interior," PTI quoted BMW Group India President Philipp von Sahr.
The car is being produced at the BMW Plant at Mahindra World City in Singaperumal Koil, near Chennai. It comes with features like coupe-style roofline, frameless side windows and a flowing rear end with large load aperture.
On the exterior front, the car accommodates 45.72 cm (18 inches) Multi-spoke, Air Breather in Chrome, chrome elements in rear bumper, side window frames in Chrome and tailpipe trim in Chrome. The car will be offered in Alpine White, Glacier Silver, Black Sapphire, Mineral Grey, Imperial Blue and Sparkling Brown.
BMW is rumoured to launch its 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe on 3 April. The vehicle, which is expected to take on the Audi RS7 and the Mercedes CLS63 AMG, will come with 4.4-litre V8 motor, reported Motoroids. The engine claims to deliver a power of 568 PS and peak torque of 678 Nm. The car is speculated to fall at a price point of 1.5 crore in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales