10 Reasons Why Google Nexus 6 Is Worth Waiting For
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 17, 2014 8:59 PM EST
The Google Nexus 6 is one of the most anticipated handsets to arrive this year.
Persistent Nexus 6 rumoured features include the 64-bit version of its Snapdragon 800-series chipset known as the Snapdragon 810 clocked at 3 GHz. Other speculated specs and features of the next Google smartphone are 5.2-inch full-HD, curved LCD display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass; 3 GB RAM; 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera; Bluetooth; NFC; Micro-USB; Wi-Fi; and 4G.
Nexus 6 concept image
Below are the ten reasons why Google Nexus 6 is worth waiting for.
Bigger and better screen display - Rumours claimed that Nexus 6 will have a bigger screen display of 5 inches with 2K HD display resolution. Moreover, the screen panel was protected by Gorilla Glass.
Faster processor - Google Nexus 6 was speculated to get an upgrade in its chipset. The handset may pack a 64-bit from either Intel or Qualcomm.
Bigger RAM - In order to complement the processing power of the alleged new CPU, the Google Nexus 6 may also come with a bigger RAM. Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 are equipped with 2 GB of RAM and it won't hurt giving 3 GB to 4 GB RAM on Nexus 6.
Better back camera - Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS comes with optical image stabilisation that would be best for a camera with higher megapixel that would yield to better video calls and new camera modes such as selective focus or quicker automatic focus.
Operating system - Based on the tradition of Google when releasing new devices, the company releases also a new version of its operating system.
Waterproof and dustproof - After the release of Samsung Galaxy S5, Nexus 6 may also follow its lead to pack waterproof and dustproof features. IP 58 or "mostly resist dust with water resistance within 30 minutes under 1 metre" that is commonly found on selected Xperia devices.
Battery life - The Google Nexus 6 may sport a 3000 or 3200 mAh battery capacity that will support all the speculated power hogging features that it will pack.
Manufacturer - Google still has not confirmed any third party manufacturer it will work with in making the Nexus 6 smartphone. However, some of the candidates are LG, Lenovo and Motorola.
Release date - The Nexus 6 release date was speculated to happen in June at Google's annual I/O Conference.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast