iPad Pro Concept Image Imagines OS X and Keyboard
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 17, 2014 8:57 PM EST
The latest iPad Pro concept image imagined a 12-inch tablet that runs with OS X and comes with keyboard accessory.
The new iPad Pro render was created by DeviantArt user DanielFeo. He visualized the upcoming tablet comes with the heavily rumoured bigger screen display.
mock-up of what the 12.9in iPad Pro could look like, next to an iPad 4 and iPad mini. (Pad News)
According to Concept Phones, The bigger iPad will come with 64-bit CPU for faster processing power. Moreover, the tablet will pack 4 GB of RAM, 256 GB of SSD storage and all kinds of connectivity options. However, these are power-hogging features and Apple's battery may suffer.
iPad Pro, on the other hand, will come in two variants packing different resolutions. Both models will pack 12.9-inch screen panel but will come with different screen resolutions - 2K and 4K display, respectively. Moreover, the tablet's bezels may be hyper-sensitive as an Apple patent suggested that iPad Pro will pack pressure sensors on bezels that may replace the physical home button.
However, consumers may not be able to see an iPad Pro release date this year as reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities said that the tablet's launch is pegged in 2015. This is because the successor of iPad Air will be released this year. Kuo also said that no iPad Mini 3 will be released this year.
In his recent note to investors as reported by iDigitalTimes, Kuo said that "compared with lower-margin iPad mini with Retina display, which shipments has been tepid, higher-margin iPad Air was a hot selling item in 4Q13, which will slow Apple in developing new iPad mini models. We believe Apple plans to launch upgraded iPad Air early this year, and will accelerate development of 12.9 inches iPad. As such, more resources will be allocated to these two products, which will affect the progress of the development of new iPad mini. All told, we think chances of the debut of a new iPad mini in 2H14 are slim. In addition, the 12.9 inches iPad is unlikely to be offered in 2014. For these reasons, we predict the only new iPad product in 2H14 will be the upgraded iPad Air."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell