Box Office: 'Nimirnthu Nil', 'Thegidi', 'Vallinam' , 'IKK' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | March 17, 2014 8:28 PM EST
Check out the box office collection report of Tamil films "Nimirnthu Nil", "Thegidi", "Vallinam", "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" and "Aayirathil Oruvan" at the Chennai box office.
Jayam Ravi (Twitter)
Jayam Ravi's "Nimirnthu Nil" dominates the Chennai box office, thanks to no big releases in the last one week.
"Nimirnthu Nil," which was slated to hit the screens on 7 March, faced release issues and made it to theatres only from 8 March evening shows. The film witnessed good attendance in its opening weekend and continued to do solid business.
The Jayam Ravi starrer has earned over ₹1.8 crore at the end of the second weekend in Chennai theatres. The film hasn't lost a single show compared with last week, according to Behindwoods website.
Lack of big releases seems to have worked in the favour of "Nimirnthu Nil." The action-thriller flick, written and directed by Samuthirakani, is going rock steady. The film has successfully entered into its second week, but it remains to be seen whether the action entertainer will be able to sustain its business in the coming days.
MGR's yesteryear blockbuster flick "Aayirathil Oruvan" was digitally restored and was released on 14 March. The film took an average opening and earned more than ₹26.9 lakh in the first weekend at the Chennai box office.
The film had performed dismally on the first and the second day, but its performance was kind of okay on Sunday in multiplexes. Its business is expected to drop during the weekdays.
The murder mystery has emerged as one of the profitable ventures of the year.
The film, which released on 28 February, opened with good reviews from critics and the audience. Armed with positive word of mouth, "Thegidi" did decent business in its first week.
The film is going rock-steady even in its third week. The Ashok Selvan-Janani Iyer starrer has earned over ₹63 lakh in 17 days at the Chennai box office.
According to Producers Council's President Keyaar, only two films have turned out to be profitable ventures for all sections of trade, so far this year. One being "Goli Soda," the other one is "Thegidi." He revealed that the second week collection of "Thegidi" were better than its first week collections.
Nakul's "Vallinam" received positive reviews upon its release. The sports film took a decent opening, but its performance has dropped significantly.
The film is turning out to be a below average venture. It has minted over ₹67 lakh in 17 days at the Chennai box office.
Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal
Udhayanidhi Stalin-Nayanthara starrer "Idhu Kathirvelan Kadhal" is fast approaching the 50-day mark. The film, which hit the screens on 14 February, registered a good opening in the first weekend.
The film did good business at the box office, thanks to decent feedback it received from critics and the audience. The romantic-comedy entertainer successfully completed 25 days and is still running in selected theatres.
The film has fetched over ₹3.6 crore at the Chennai box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy