Lorde Blasts ‘Creeps’ For Thinking She’s Engaged To Boyfriend James Lowe
By Anne Lu | March 17, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Lorde can wear a ring on her finger if she wants to, but that doesn’t mean she’s getting married. The Kiwi international star blasted “creeps” who thought she got engaged to boyfriend James Lowe after she wore a ring.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The 17-year-old Grammy Award winner was photographed wearing a sparkler on her ring finger, prompting speculations that she got engaged to her 23-year-old photographer beau.
She didn’t, or at least that’s what she implied when she blasted the reporter who reached out to James about her rumoured engagement.
She posted on Twitter a message James received from a reporter from E! News, which reads:
“Hi James, not sure if you remember me from back in December, but my name is Maureen and I’m writing to you from E! News and E! Entertainment Television in Los Angeles. I hope you’re having a great Friday so far! There are some new photographs of Lorde out today wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger. Are you two engaged?
“Thank you in advance for anything you can share and congratulations if true!”
The reporter had the decency to ask the main source if the speculations were true before printing a story, but Lorde didn’t see it that way. She thought that it was creepy that people even speculated such thing of her.
“you officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married,” she wrote.
In the entertainment industry, it’s almost certain that anyone wearing a ring on the ring finger, especially one that looks like an engagement ring, is rumoured to be engaged. It might not be the most reliable way of getting relationship status news, but it’s how the industry works.
E! News wasn’t the first one that has earned the ire of the young superstar.
Lorde also slammed Aussie DJ Kyle Sandilands for insinuating that there’s something wrong with being in a lesbian relationship.
She was speaking to Sandilands and Jackie O of “The Kyle & Jackie O Show” on KIIS 1065 about her upcoming tour in Australia when the conversation turned to her budding friendship with U.S. songstress Taylor Swift.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6