Lorde Blasts ‘Creeps’ For Thinking She’s Engaged To Boyfriend James Lowe
By Anne Lu | March 17, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Lorde can wear a ring on her finger if she wants to, but that doesn’t mean she’s getting married. The Kiwi international star blasted “creeps” who thought she got engaged to boyfriend James Lowe after she wore a ring.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The 17-year-old Grammy Award winner was photographed wearing a sparkler on her ring finger, prompting speculations that she got engaged to her 23-year-old photographer beau.
She didn’t, or at least that’s what she implied when she blasted the reporter who reached out to James about her rumoured engagement.
She posted on Twitter a message James received from a reporter from E! News, which reads:
“Hi James, not sure if you remember me from back in December, but my name is Maureen and I’m writing to you from E! News and E! Entertainment Television in Los Angeles. I hope you’re having a great Friday so far! There are some new photographs of Lorde out today wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger. Are you two engaged?
“Thank you in advance for anything you can share and congratulations if true!”
The reporter had the decency to ask the main source if the speculations were true before printing a story, but Lorde didn’t see it that way. She thought that it was creepy that people even speculated such thing of her.
“you officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married,” she wrote.
In the entertainment industry, it’s almost certain that anyone wearing a ring on the ring finger, especially one that looks like an engagement ring, is rumoured to be engaged. It might not be the most reliable way of getting relationship status news, but it’s how the industry works.
E! News wasn’t the first one that has earned the ire of the young superstar.
Lorde also slammed Aussie DJ Kyle Sandilands for insinuating that there’s something wrong with being in a lesbian relationship.
She was speaking to Sandilands and Jackie O of “The Kyle & Jackie O Show” on KIIS 1065 about her upcoming tour in Australia when the conversation turned to her budding friendship with U.S. songstress Taylor Swift.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists