Lorde Blasts ‘Creeps’ For Thinking She’s Engaged To Boyfriend James Lowe
By Anne Lu | March 17, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Lorde can wear a ring on her finger if she wants to, but that doesn’t mean she’s getting married. The Kiwi international star blasted “creeps” who thought she got engaged to boyfriend James Lowe after she wore a ring.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The 17-year-old Grammy Award winner was photographed wearing a sparkler on her ring finger, prompting speculations that she got engaged to her 23-year-old photographer beau.
She didn’t, or at least that’s what she implied when she blasted the reporter who reached out to James about her rumoured engagement.
She posted on Twitter a message James received from a reporter from E! News, which reads:
“Hi James, not sure if you remember me from back in December, but my name is Maureen and I’m writing to you from E! News and E! Entertainment Television in Los Angeles. I hope you’re having a great Friday so far! There are some new photographs of Lorde out today wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger. Are you two engaged?
“Thank you in advance for anything you can share and congratulations if true!”
The reporter had the decency to ask the main source if the speculations were true before printing a story, but Lorde didn’t see it that way. She thought that it was creepy that people even speculated such thing of her.
“you officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married,” she wrote.
In the entertainment industry, it’s almost certain that anyone wearing a ring on the ring finger, especially one that looks like an engagement ring, is rumoured to be engaged. It might not be the most reliable way of getting relationship status news, but it’s how the industry works.
E! News wasn’t the first one that has earned the ire of the young superstar.
Lorde also slammed Aussie DJ Kyle Sandilands for insinuating that there’s something wrong with being in a lesbian relationship.
She was speaking to Sandilands and Jackie O of “The Kyle & Jackie O Show” on KIIS 1065 about her upcoming tour in Australia when the conversation turned to her budding friendship with U.S. songstress Taylor Swift.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks