Lorde Blasts ‘Creeps’ For Thinking She’s Engaged To Boyfriend James Lowe
By Anne Lu | March 17, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Lorde can wear a ring on her finger if she wants to, but that doesn’t mean she’s getting married. The Kiwi international star blasted “creeps” who thought she got engaged to boyfriend James Lowe after she wore a ring.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The 17-year-old Grammy Award winner was photographed wearing a sparkler on her ring finger, prompting speculations that she got engaged to her 23-year-old photographer beau.
She didn’t, or at least that’s what she implied when she blasted the reporter who reached out to James about her rumoured engagement.
She posted on Twitter a message James received from a reporter from E! News, which reads:
“Hi James, not sure if you remember me from back in December, but my name is Maureen and I’m writing to you from E! News and E! Entertainment Television in Los Angeles. I hope you’re having a great Friday so far! There are some new photographs of Lorde out today wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger. Are you two engaged?
“Thank you in advance for anything you can share and congratulations if true!”
The reporter had the decency to ask the main source if the speculations were true before printing a story, but Lorde didn’t see it that way. She thought that it was creepy that people even speculated such thing of her.
“you officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married,” she wrote.
In the entertainment industry, it’s almost certain that anyone wearing a ring on the ring finger, especially one that looks like an engagement ring, is rumoured to be engaged. It might not be the most reliable way of getting relationship status news, but it’s how the industry works.
E! News wasn’t the first one that has earned the ire of the young superstar.
Lorde also slammed Aussie DJ Kyle Sandilands for insinuating that there’s something wrong with being in a lesbian relationship.
She was speaking to Sandilands and Jackie O of “The Kyle & Jackie O Show” on KIIS 1065 about her upcoming tour in Australia when the conversation turned to her budding friendship with U.S. songstress Taylor Swift.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks