Lorde Blasts ‘Creeps’ For Thinking She’s Engaged To Boyfriend James Lowe
By Anne Lu | March 17, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Lorde can wear a ring on her finger if she wants to, but that doesn’t mean she’s getting married. The Kiwi international star blasted “creeps” who thought she got engaged to boyfriend James Lowe after she wore a ring.
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
The 17-year-old Grammy Award winner was photographed wearing a sparkler on her ring finger, prompting speculations that she got engaged to her 23-year-old photographer beau.
She didn’t, or at least that’s what she implied when she blasted the reporter who reached out to James about her rumoured engagement.
She posted on Twitter a message James received from a reporter from E! News, which reads:
“Hi James, not sure if you remember me from back in December, but my name is Maureen and I’m writing to you from E! News and E! Entertainment Television in Los Angeles. I hope you’re having a great Friday so far! There are some new photographs of Lorde out today wearing what appears to be a diamond ring on her ring finger. Are you two engaged?
“Thank you in advance for anything you can share and congratulations if true!”
The reporter had the decency to ask the main source if the speculations were true before printing a story, but Lorde didn’t see it that way. She thought that it was creepy that people even speculated such thing of her.
“you officially hit the big time when creeps from e think wearing rings means getting married,” she wrote.
In the entertainment industry, it’s almost certain that anyone wearing a ring on the ring finger, especially one that looks like an engagement ring, is rumoured to be engaged. It might not be the most reliable way of getting relationship status news, but it’s how the industry works.
E! News wasn’t the first one that has earned the ire of the young superstar.
Lorde also slammed Aussie DJ Kyle Sandilands for insinuating that there’s something wrong with being in a lesbian relationship.
She was speaking to Sandilands and Jackie O of “The Kyle & Jackie O Show” on KIIS 1065 about her upcoming tour in Australia when the conversation turned to her budding friendship with U.S. songstress Taylor Swift.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Watch What Happens When Sheldon Returns To His Apartment [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed