iPhone 6 Release Date: Apple Introducing Features Seen in Samsung Galaxy S4?
By Raymond Ronamai | March 17, 2014 7:00 PM EST
Even as conflicting reports continue to do the rounds on the release date of Apple iPhone 6, purported new features of the much-hyped gadget keep on surfacing. Now, it has been reported that the phone will have a set of new features - temperature, pressure and humidity sensors.
Screenshot from KDB Daewoo Sec
iPhone 6 vs Galaxy S5
Interestingly, Samsung had introduced barometer, temperature and humidity sensors in Galaxy S4. It was rumored that iPhone 5S will have similar features but it never happened. Now, the Cupertino giant seems to have come to the conclusion that it's time to introduce these features.
Apple Inc. will move forward in the "sensor department" by introducing pressure, temperature and humidity sensors, wrote Sun Chang Xu, analyst at ESM-China, on her Weibo account. However, "pressure" is probably referred to atmospheric pressure and not blood pressure, as the latter is expected to be featured in iWatch, reported G for Games.
The news of the iPhone 6 having these new features sounds realistic as it comes on the back of reports that Apple's upcoming iOS 8 will have a Healthbook app that includes health stats like blood pressure, heart rate, hydration, glucose levels and others.
iPhone 6 is expected to come with an array of new features when it releases, giving some tough competition to the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy S5 in the smartphone market.
"While many observers have chided Apple for a 'lack of innovation' over the last two years, we do not expect a linear path to commercially successful new product categories," said Andy Hargreaves of Pacific Crest Securities, according to a report by Business Insider. "Instead, Apple is likely to choose its opportunities and timing extraordinarily carefully and release new products or services only when it feels it has the best chance to succeed, which does not mean it is not innovative, just that it is not dumb."
iPhone 6 is expected to sport a 4.7/4.8' or 5.5' display with a 1920x1080p (440ppi), or a 2272×1280 (510ppi), powered by A8 chip (64-bit) and run on iOS 7.2, according to South Korean brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities. The new flagship smartphone is also expected to have scratch-free sapphire crystal glass screen.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes