Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. Galaxy Note 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | March 17, 2014 6:50 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S5 or the Galaxy Note 3, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist. Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1,080 x 1,920 pixel resolution. The Galaxy Note 3 comes with a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1,080 x 1,920 pixel resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 g. The Galaxy Note 3 comes with 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm dimensions and weighs 168 g.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5-GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The Galaxy Note 3 is equipped with a 2.3-GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16, 32 and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a microSD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. The Galaxy Note 3 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 3 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Galaxy Note 3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-ion 2,800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours. The Galaxy Note 3 comes with a Li-ion 3,200 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $899.95. The Galaxy Note 3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $649.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $689.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. Galaxy Note 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899