Liverpool FC Transfer News: Attacking Prospect Considers PSG Exit, Possible Free Transfer Alert Reds
By Mark Wayne Eubank | March 17, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Paris Saint Germain forward Jeremy Menez will consider leaving the Ligue 1 outfit this coming summer as his contract is coming to an end.
Out of favour PSG forward Jeremy Menez is monitored by Liverpool
Unless a new agreement will be agreed upon, the 26-year-old is only required to stay at the Parc des Princes until the end of June.
The French international saw his first-team involvement decline abruptly this season following the acquisition of Edinson Cavani from Napoli, which could be a sufficient basis for him to seek game time elsewhere.
He has only made 11 appearances in the Ligue 1, starting only six of those games and is mainly used as a substitute in all competitions.
Liverpool were reported to have been interested in securing the services of the former Roma attacker in January, but nothing came to fruition.
Failed talks earlier this term could be a blessing in disguise for the out of favour Menez, who is keeping all options open.
"We talked about an extension, but it was not sorted out," Menez told The Express.
"I have three months remaining on my contract at PSG, we will see what will happen at the end of the season."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date